Saturday, January 28, 2012

Friendly notes

I have planning to make a post-it notes holder for a long time. Finally had some time for it :) It is a gift for a Valentines Day. In Estonia we call that day Sõbrapäev (Friends day). I like this name more :o) Sometimes we forgot to thank our friends and this day is perfect to too it, not only our Valentines :o)
The image on the card is a freebie from Meljen's Design. All her digis are so gorgeous. Love them.
I love to make my own background papers. That way I have a freedom to choose colors I like and make it suitable for my project :o) I chose  blue and peach stripes pattern and made some digital ink splatters on it. I think it turned out lovely. Meljen's Donkey is also colored digitally with same colors.  Text inside is made in computer. It says "That you always have someone to share your joys and worries" 
Edges of the papers are distressed with scissors and distress ink - vintage photo. Love that ink :o) I also used some black pen (stitches) and Sky Blue atyouSpica marker (heart on the donkey and text). Can't too anything without Glossy accents :o) Hearts on the digi image and heart that says "märkmed" (notes) are all covered with it :o)
I think I'll make some more similar post-it holders with different color schemes. This Sweet Little Donkey is too cute to use it only one time :o)








I'd like to participate in following competitions:
Meljen's Designs Challenge #94 - Hearts
Inky Impressions Challenges - Heart you
DRS Designs Challenge #9  - Hearts
Delightful Sketches - Valentines, anything but a card
Allsorts Challenge  - One or more hearts 
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Stripes - use striped paper


14 comments:

  1. Awwww! Super cute =) I love that image and it's absolutely perfect! Thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters for our Stripes Challenge =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab, & so cute! Love the colour combo its great!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a cute card. Love the colors and all the details! thanks for joining in this week's challenge at DRS Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super creation Eret and so beautifully coloured.

    Thanks so much for joining us our Hearts theme at Allsorts this week, good luck and hope to see you again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this its absolutely lovely, great design and colours, the image is so cute.
    Thank you for joining us at delightful challenges good luck.
    Hugs Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an adorable post it note holder. I just love making these and they make wonderful gifts. Thank you so much for joining us for our “Heart You” Challenge over at Inky Impressions Challenges. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and good luck.

    Hugs
    Shannin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely darling and your coloring is really marvelous! Thanks for joining us at DRS Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome gift idea and your design/image are wonderful! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘STRIPES’ challenge and please come back again soon!

    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful creation, fun image and gorgeous colours, thanks for joining us at inky impressions. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too stinkin' cute! I love that color blue - jumped right out at me!

    Thanks for playing at DRS Designs - Good Luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, it's so sweet. I love it. Thanks for playing with us at Inky Impressions, hope to see you back again next week.
    Hugs,
    Tracy Valure

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooooo, that is too cute!! Thanks for joining us at Inky Impression this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the detail of the hearts on the notes, great project!

    Thanks for playing in our one or more hearrts challenge this week at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is one of my favorite stamps. I love it colored in blue! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...