Sunday, February 19, 2012

Poppy field

My mum runs a craft club for senior citizens in our local commune center. To keep everybody interested she have to be on continuous search for something new to teach. She made this cute yarn flowers. They are so adorable. She gave me some flowers :o)  I have such a sweet mum. 
I had them on my table for few days and I thought how can I use them on card. These flowers reminds poppies. Don't they? I decided to draw a poppy field. Yeah, me and drawing don't come together, but I tried :o) I used a watercolor paper and regular water base felt markers (those which children use in school) to draw the poppy field. With help of acrylic block and water brush :o) I love this kind of coloring :o)  It turned out quite well. Yarn poppies suits on it :o)
Background paper is made myself. Again. I used a Viva Decor "Flowers and Butterflies" stamps, Nellie Snellen embossing clear ink and Stampendous white embossing powder. On first peace of paper I made like embossing have to be done. Cleaned the paper with anti-static bag, stamped flowers and embossed. It came out neat. Too neat. I didn't like it. So I smudged embossing powder all over the paper and heat set it. Now it looks like a tiny paint drops. It's much better :o) 
The black strip of paper is punched with a corner punch I have had long long time. It doesn't have any name on it. Don't no the company of it. Sorry. It can be used to make a straight strip too, not only corners. And to finish it off, I added some red ribbon which was tied around my Christmas present :o)
On corners of watercolor image are extra pieces of the paper strip. They look nice. On top of the black paper I put also some embossing powder. otherwise it look too black for me. 




The lovely poppies inside are a digi image from Beccy's Place. It is also colored the same way as the poppy field on front of the card.
I have to apologise 'cause colors on the photos are off. Steams of the flowers are actually green, not gray, and background paper is red, not orange. Oh, well. Can't wait 'til the winter ends and the days get lighter :o)

Inside of the card
And now the challenges I'd like to participate. 
Surtenly on Sassy Cheryl's Challenge - Challenge #102 - No Designer Paper. I love design papers, they are so beautiful. But exactly for that reason, I can't use them. I am so strange, I know :o) Design papers are so gorgeous, I don't want to destroy them. What's why I like to make my own papers :o) I can always make some more if needed.
I have never dared to put my drawing on the card. It is first time for me. And it is first time I have tried to too a watercolor painting with felt markers. I have colored the stamped image in this way, but never painted like this. So the  Fab 'n' Funky Challenges - challenge #108 - Try something new is proper place to enter :o)
My favorites flowers are field flowers. Luckily my birthday is in summer. Everyone who knows me and wants to make me really happy will bring me flowers they have picked themselves on the field. Because I consider fields as my garden (I live in a country so  have many of them near my home) I hope it is ok to participate on Stampalot Challenge - February challenge - In the garden.
And three more Challenges:  Inky Impressions Challenges - Die cuts/punches, Allsorts Challenge - Anything goes and Cheerful Stamppad - challenge #36 - Happy birthday.
This is all for this week. I'm not sure can I come back with anything new in next week but I'll be back :o)

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, thanks for joining us for our IN THE GARDEN challenge
    over at Sir Stampalot this month
    and good luck !

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Eret, both inside and out.

    Thank you so much for joining us In the Garden at Stampalot Challenge this month, good luck and hope you will join us again next month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous creation Eret. Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning and I just LOVE those yarn flowers. It's beautiful!
    Thanks for playing in the No Design Papers challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Eret, fabulous job on this card, inside and out. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the flowers and how they pop! this is asweet card! thank you for joining the "happy birthday" challenge at the cheerful stamp pad! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so so beautiful, one of my fave cards I have seen this week, absolutely LOVE it, thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning Eret! What a great artistic talent you have. Beautiful water coloring and I love your poppies. Thanks for sharing with us at Sassy Cheryl's this week. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, but I am not sure it fits the Happy Birthday" theme at the Cheerful Stamp Pad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful garden themed card.I love your flowers!!Thanks for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot! Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...