Saturday, February 11, 2012

To beloved friend

 My niece asked me to help her make some cards for her friends. We'll start to make them Tomorrow but before that I thought I make one for sample :o) I saw similar pencil topper in one blog but 'cause I was sure I'm not gonna make it, I didn't bookmarked it. So sorry. I think it was with very cute mouse. I don't remember exactly and couldn't find it anymore :(
Anyway... Here is my version of the pencil topper. I think it is lovely gift and card together that second-grader could make to her friends :o) Background paper is made by myself in my loyal computer. I wrote bunch of adjectives to describe a friend and put them in different font style. I turned out great, even if I have to say it myself :o) I like it. 
I used the Spellbinders Lacey Circles to cut out the base of the card, db Craft border punch, I think it is called Fence, Not sure though, and Heyda Butterfly punch for butterflies :) The bear image is stamped with Variousstempel Teddys stamp and Memento Tuxsedo black ink. For coloring I used all kind of different mediums, regular felt pens, metallic gel pens and atYouSpica markers (pink, red and black). I did some water coloring with felt pens :) Also some liquid Perls, two brads from Dovegraft (Berry) and some red shiny string from my stash.
Front of the card/pencil topper.
Text says "Best friend"


Back side of the card/pencil topper

Every time I see someone using a postal stamp like sentiment on the card I am amazed. The are so gorgeous. I'm sad that I don't have them. I don't see any point to buy them either 'cause they are in English or other languages. I want them in Estonian. So I made one in my computer. What else could I do, I wanted it so bad :o) I like it. The one on the cards says "to beloved friend"

I'd like to participate in following challenges:
I think that love between friends is very important 'cause best friends stay with you forever. It is important to share your love to them :) Fab 'n' Funky Challenges - Challenge #107 - Love is in air; Joanna Sheen Challenge - Love is in the air; PaperPlay Challenges - week 6 - Love letter. In Estonia, Valentines Day is not only for lovers, it is for friends too. We call it Sõbrapäev (Friends Day)  The Sisterhood of Crafters - Valentines. Because I made my own Background paper I'd like to participate in DRS Designsblog - Challenge 11 - Make your own background paper. I'm sure my lovely little Teddy girl is suitable for Moving Along With the Times Challenge #135 - Cute gritter. A big inspiration for the card was Crafts 4 Eternity - Raspberry delight. Ooh, so sweet picture to inspire :o) I want to eat it :) I don't like to play Bingo (the lottery) 'cause I win more then I don't buy the ticket but sure love to participate in Bingo challenges Anything Challenge - Challenge #60 - Bingo board (Animals, your choice - die cuts/punches and stitching (faux). And one more challenge CC Monthly Challenge - Challenge #21 - Anything goes.
That's it for this week :o) Hope to be here next week with another card.

Oh, one more thing... At Prairie Fairy Stamps is a very sweet Valentines candy offer. Check it out :) So what I love.... I try to make it short :o) I love my family and friends, animals, nature, walking in the forest with my dog. I love water and anything related with it. I love to make handmade cards and to send postcards (see my other blog http://erzukene.blogspot.com/. I love computer graphic and animations. And chocolate, chocolate and one more time... chocolate :o)

17 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Love the glitter and butterflies :) Thanks so much for playing along at DRS Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Eret. This is so beautiful and what a wonderful idea. Gorgeous coloiurs and a lovely cute image. Thank you for joining us at MAWTT and good luck.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So TOTALLY ADORABLE ... great idea! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘VALENTINE’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful gift idea. Thank you for the inspiration and thank you for joining us at The Joanna Sheen Challenge this month. Good luck in the draw.
    Hugs
    Suzi DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, super image and papers, great sentiment you made too. Thanks for sharing at Fab‘n’Funky this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats so sweet and such a lovely idea. Thanks for joining us at CRAFTS4ETERNITY this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute pencil topper card! Thanks for playing along at DRS Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute project! I love the colours you've used. Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pencil topper is wonderful, the image is lovely.

    Thank you for joining us this week at Fab 'n' Funky Challenge and good luck.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea, just love it!

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww what a cute bear Eret - she's adorable! and what a fab design! I love the way it pops over the pencil. Gorgeous papers and embellishments. Beautiful both front and back - It's really sweet. I love it!!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in the Challenge!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very clever! Good luck at DRS Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a sweet card, I love the colours you used and your colouring is amaaazing, thanks for joining us at Anything goes, hope to see you again soon, Gaynor DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love pink- this is super sweet-love the darling image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab project, lovely design and thought, thanks for joining us at paper play, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a cute project. love it

    thanks for joining us at C4E, hope to see you next time too.

    my little scrappingcorner
    DT Craf 4 Eternity

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...