Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fairy shaker card

This card is inspired by leftovers :o) I'm serious. In the end of February I made a bunch of invitations and I was left with pile of small cute swirls from Nellie's multi frame's Round Lily. I couldn't throw them away so I collected them into a jar :o) I knew I can use them for something. Shaker card is perfect for them :o)
My nice had a birthday and I wanted to make her something fun. I thought that maybe shaker card is fun for a young lady. 
After that decision I faced with a problem. I didn't had dies to make nice frame but that gave me a chance to use another leftover :o) The front panel is a watercolor paper and the hole on it is made with Spellbinder Nestabilities -. Lacey Circles. I just can't throw anything away. Never know then you need it :o) Bottom part of the paper, and also strip of paper in inside, are embossed with Cuttlebug embossing folder. I don't know the name of it, maybe 'small flowers' ? It came with my Cuttlebug :)
Fairy images are from CraftGossip.com  They are so pretty. It is pure joy to color them. They are colored with regular water base felt markers (scribbled onto acrylic block) and with water brush. And some atYouSpica twinkling markers. 'Pink' on round sentiment border and flowers, 'melon' on faux stiches. 
A card for young lady needs a lot of sparkle. Don't you think so? :o) I masked the body of the fairy and sprayed it with Silver Tulip Fabric Glitter Spray. Her wings and background shimmers so nicely now :o)
The border frame for the paper swirls is made with strips of foam tape and the clear window is cut out from the package of embossing folder.  Oh boy, I am total garbage collector :o)
What else... Faux pearls are made with Stanger Pearl Paste and some white gel pen for inside stitches. Green ribbon is from my stash. Lacy border in inside of the card is one of the Nellie's multi frame's - Border 2. By the way, there is a place for a gift card under the lacy border. Forgot to photograph it though :(






I'll enter this card to following challenges:
Phindy's Place Challenge - Challenge #97 Spring has sprung 

9 comments:

  1. So, so cute! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘BIRTHDAY’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at LCI and Stampalot this time.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card! Glad one of our DT inspired you. Thanks for sharing with us at Stampalot this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty shaker card Eret.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stampalot challenge and our inspirational theme.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful (so glad to see someone else that saves even the smallest stuff too!)
    so glad you joined us at Phindy's Place this week - hope to see you again (-:
    Linda
    Phindy's DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    What a gorgeous creation , I love the colours
    thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot Challenge

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  7. A cute and Pretty creation. Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty shaker card. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot, Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...