Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thank you for the music...

It has been an awful week. I don't understand how some people can be so cruel to animals. I live in a country and my cat has a free passage to outside. He can go and come whenever he likes. On Monday he came home, looking miserable. Mouth was strange and ear was curled on back. Fur on his head was short and sticky. His long whiskers has gone... I thought that he had a fight with another male cat. On next day I took him to vet and first thing she asked was: "Is he been on the fireplace?" It was terrifying question. My cat is not curious. He don't stick his nose everywhere. Hi rather sit back and watch. Oh my, seems that someone is poked him with a torch. My poor kitty. He makes snoring noise then he breathes. He hasn't eat anything since Monday. At least he drinks water. On Saturday is two years since he has lived with me. I don't think that something so bad has happened with him before he ended up in a shelter. I shouldn't let him out but he is a free spirit. It is impossible to keep him inside. On first day in my home, he tried to climb out from second floor window. I couldn't think that anything so terrible can happen to him. I hope he'll get well soon.

Kurri, 10 days in new home

Now to my card...
My mum asked me to make a card with a pocket to a nice man, who have a single man band. He cheers everybody up with his music in events my mum organising. I thought that would be proper card to him :)
I love digital design, I just had to use it on this card :o) Again...
Light blue paper is made in computer. I got inspired by The Emerald Faerie Garden Apple blossom kit (which I won. yeeeh). It has lovely pink blossom on it. I skipped the flowers and made a similar background paper. Paper with dots is from Prima 'Botanical' collection. It will ease down a bit the bright light blue color.
The sentiment is a cut out from music sheet. It's Abba "Thank you for the music" It is exactly the message my mum wants to say to him :)
Piano keyboard and wavy notes are also made in computer. It is from a Photoshop brush set - Instrumental Brushes by DJ91
Paper edges are distressed with sharp blade and 'Vintage photo' Distress ink. Faux stitches are drawn with black pen. Some Stanger Pearl Paste in the corners and that is it. Simple card with a pocket inside to hold a gift card or money ;)
For making a front panel and the band I used a sketch from The Sweet Stop Sketches - sss151 March24. I'd also like to participate with this card on
Love to Create Challenge - challenge 8 Masculine with optional sketch
Paper Playtime: ch #70 For The Guys & Include A Sentiment!
Crafting When We Can Challenges - Challenge #14 Challenge #14 - One for the Boys



7 comments:

  1. How terrible that someone would hurt your cat that way! I hope he recovers quickly and stays safe in future outings. Love the card you've created and the belly-band with the saying is so clever. :) So glad you joined the Digi Makeover Challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Card! I Love the Colors!! Music is my other passion next to Crafting!! So this card is right up my alley! So Sorry about your Kitty! I can't believe anyone would do such ta thing! :( Thank you so much for joining us at Love to Create Challenge!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your cat is much better now. That's so sad. As for your card, I love that it's a belly band. Thanks for joining us over at Crafting When We can. Janet, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card! I love the music theme, the great colors... the band looks great! Sorry to hear about your cat! Thank you for palying along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card! So sorry to hear about your kitty! Sure hope he's back to his old self soon. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing with everyone - from your sponsor friends at www.CropStop.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your cat, and hope he is recovering.
    Love your card, great for a musician. Thank you for joining us at CWWC

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...