Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bright birthday

Today I have one very bright card to share. I just had to make something bright after the snowy Easter. I don't remember the last time it snowed on  this time of the year. I think someone made a mistake and replaced the weather of Christmas and Easter :o)
Actually... Idea to make a card with bright colors is from  Paper Makeup Stamps Digi Makeover Challenge #31 this week challenge - bright colors :o) The digi image I've used is called Moody for Rock from their shop. This image is demanding an umbrella :o) Don't you think so? :o) I found three challenges with the theme of April Shower. Seems it's poplar.Inky Impressions ChallengesPaper Playtime - Challenge #71 and Crafting For All Seasons. My card follows the sketch #SSS42 from Sweet Stop Sketches - sss #153. I rotated it a bit and you have to use your imagination to see the sketch behind it but it is there :o) Because I used a Spellbinder Nestabilities Lacey Circles to the card base I'll enter it to  Paperplay Challenges - shaped card. I also played some bingo :o) Allsorts Challenge - week 149 - Color bingo (pink, yellow, blue and also pearls, purple, blue). And one more challenge in Love to Create Challenge - Challenge #10 - Birthday.


I mentioned some things used on the card. Here are rest of the stuff :o) Umbrella is made by me. First digitally on computer but I didn't like the pink color. Luckily I printed out one umbrella with just an outlines. So I colored pink parts with regular water base felt marker and pink atYouSpica glitter marker and some dots with Pergamond White gel pen. Girl is colored with water base felt markers and water brush and also atYouSpica glitter markers - pink, yellow and turquoise. Butterfly gems are from my stash. Also used Ranger Glossy Accent on few yellow juicy drops and Stanger Pearl Paste - pearl white. 
I was a bit disappointed that nestabilites didn't cut through two piece of card stock but now I like that the front part of the card has a lacy border and back side has only a imitation of it. To secure that the little pieces don't fall out, I covered the back of it with Glossy Accent :) Almost forgot... I also used Ranger Distress ink - Broken China
Inside of the card is also decorated, but batteries of the camera run out of the power before I could photograph it. I'll try to make some more pictures tomorrow. So sorry!


Edit: 11th April 2012
Here is a picture of the inside of the card as promised :o) It is very simple but I like it. Butterflies are stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink and butterflies from FoliaVarioustamp Summerbreeze set.


13 comments:

  1. Such a Great Shaped Card! LOVE the Colors!! Great Image! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what fabby details. Fabby card -
    Thanks so much for playing at Inky Impressions xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous!! I love the shape and beautiful details and colors!! Thanks so much for playing along at Paper Playtime!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Paper Playtime DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bright fun colors with this great image!!! Love the shape and all your great details. Thanks for joining us at Love to Create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous use of this digi, Eret! And I am so very impressed by your umbrella - what a great idea since it looks like she's surrounded by water drops. Have you checked out Party Time Tuesdays challenge? Their them is water today. :) And thanks for joining our Digi Makeover Challenge at PMS again too. So happy to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card Eret, such an unusual image and pretty happy colours.

    Thanks so much for joining my bingo theme at Allsorts this week and good luck with the prize draws.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully shaped card with the bright colors. :)

    dentist kenmore

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card! Really love how you incorporated the umbrella with this. Great colors too. So glad you shared it with us for the Bright Colors challenge at Paper makeup Stamps' Digi Makeover Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An awesome card,
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!

    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how pretty Eret. I love circle cards and your's is awesome. Love the cut-out image, the FUN colors... also love how you left the inside pieces of the scallops on the back side. Thank you for playing with us at The Sweet Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eret, this is such a LOVELY card - so cheerful and bright! Thank you for joining us in the Sweet Stop Sketch! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This completely rocks! I used the same image for the challenge. You know you just have to use moody for rock when you want to use bright colors. The inside is very cool as well. Thanks for playing along with the Digi Makeover Challenge this week.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely!
    Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
    Jani x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...