Monday, April 30, 2012

Mirror mirror on the wall...

This week at Paper Makeup Stamps' Digital Makeover Challenge we have a fab sketch to follow.


Just be sure to use a digi stamp on your card. Paper Makeup Stamps has a great collection of digi images that you can view here. The winner will get three PMS images of your choice and plus two bonus images if your winning project has a PMS digi on it.
I like this sketch because it screams: "Make an easel, make an easel!" I love to make easel cards so much :o) Here is my interpretation of the sketch:


The lovely image is called Danni. She is so beautiful with her butterflies. I colored her with water base markers (scribbled on to acrylic block) and water brush. Also added some atYouSpica glitter marker - Lemon to her hair. And small dots of Pergamano white gel pen to bring a sparkle to Danni's eyes .


Papers are also digis. They comes from http://www.computerscrapbook.com/. Pink paper is from collection named Friday Night Cocktails 1 and darker one is Maroon from Friday Night Cocktails 2. Soft pink leaves behind Danni is motif from the same paper. What is why I love digital images. They give much bigger freedom :o) Paper edges are inked with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink.


I have had this gold paper for years. I think I bought it some close-out sail. It was so cheap I just had to buy it. I had no idea where to use it 'cause actually I didn't like it much. Now I'm so very happy to have it in my stash. It makes perfect frame with Sizzix Framelits - Oval with ornate edges die cut. I also used it behind the designer papers.
Frame is popped up with foam tape. I added some clear dots with Schjerning Point Pen and big rhinestone is from dbCraft.
The flower border is punched with Heyda border punch and I also used corner rounder from same company to round the corners of the card.


Small rhinestones inside of the card is picked from floor. Yes, from floor. My niece has a jeans with rhinestones clued on them. After she spent a weekend in my place I found these little gems all over the house :o) She didn't want them back :o)
To stop  the easel I used Craftworkcards Candi - Carnaby Street. I didn't planned to use them at first. I was forgot that I have them. After my card was almost together I didn't like the easel stopper I had in mind. I digged in to my drawer and discovered bag of card candy :o)  They have perfect color combo for my card.   


I did one more last minute change. After the card was finished. I didn't like Danni's dress. It was colored red. It wasn't bad but there was something missing. Delightful Sketches are having a challenge themed Paper Piecing. I thought to try make Danni's dress similar to background papers and I didn't like the coloring of the smallest butterfly too. I cut out her wings from DP as well. I said it before but I'll say it again: I love digital stuffs :o) It was very easy to choose a perfect place from the pattern paper. Did you noticed small flower on the bottom of Danni's dress? That was intentional :o)
How?  Here is an easy Top Tip for Top Tip Tuesday: Open your digi-paper in Photoshop or any photo editing software. (I opened a new A4 page b/c the pattern paper was 12"x12" and placed the DP in there). Put paper in your printer and mark the top side of it. Print the pattern paper out. Then place the digi image on top of the paper (in computer) on different layer and move it where you want. Delete the white part of the digi so you can see the pattern behind. Be careful not to erase any lines (You can do it with couple of clicks if you know how to use the program). After that, delete the DP layer. Put the printed pattern paper back to the printer (same side up) and print your digi on top of it.
If you have .png version of the digi image just place image right on top of the DP and print them out together. You can even use the Microsoft Word for that. Just remember to insert your image inside of the Text Box and remove the Text Box fill color :o) DIGIS ROCK!!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, another gorgeous creation!! Love that ornate die around the image and all your fantastic details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely easel card you have made and love the paper you have paper pieced her top with. Good luck in the challenge and thank you for joining us at Delightful Challenges this week hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous tip shared thanks for entering your Tip on our Top tip Tuesday challenge this week, hugs Samantha x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! I have so much to learn still in manipulating digis. I've pieced with designer paper a few times - never thought about digi paper - wow! I've gotta re-read your directions and try that someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Top Tip - thanks for sharing it with us over at Top Tip Tuesday - fab entry for the Top Tipper Prize :)

    Beautiful card by the way too ;)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...