Thursday, April 19, 2012

Mmm... Chocolate

I have a confession to make. I am a choco-holic. Chocolate in any time, anywhere, yes please :o)
In Beccy's Place has fabolous challenge this month - all about chocolate. I used her lovely digi Chocolate strawberries. It's so delicious. Can't wait 'til I can pick some strawberries from my own garden and dip them into chocolate. Yummy... :o)
I have one more bad habit. Often I make things hard for myself. Like making a brown card isn't hard enough, I thought I'll try to combine it with Sweet Stampin' Challenge blog - Girly but no pink challenge. Brown is a last color I could think of for girly card but I like challenges :o) When card was almost ready, I thought that it is not enough girly but bunch of (maybe even too many) pearl paste helped a lot. After all, which girl doesn't like chocolate and strawberries and lovely ladybug :o)
Sketch is from Card Patterns Weekly Sketch Blog - Sketch #161. From there I also get an idea to use a clothes peg :o)
There are two challenges with similar themes I'd also like to participate with my card: Chocolate Coffee Cards - Challenge #10 - Pearl and lace, and Fab 'n' Funky Challenges - Challenge #117 - Lace and pearls.
Milk Coffee Challenge has challenge - Let see those bold and bright colors. I have more bold colors on my card but red and green are brights color too, right?! :o)
"Happiness"



To make this card I used: brown heavy weight paper, some wight and scrap piece of red papers. Brown pattern papers are my own design (these swirls reminds me a hot chocolate). Lacy circles are cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities dies - Lacy Circles. Ladybug clothes peg is bought long long time ago maybe from Tiimari. Not sure though. I have no idea why I haven't used them before. They are adorable :o) For the lace I went to my mum's place and digged in her endless stash of ribbons and lace :o) Half pearls are Core' Dinations Match Pearls and small dots are made with Stanger Pearl Paste - white pearl. Strawberries are colored with water base felt markers and water brush. For shading I used Memento Desert Sand.

12 comments:

  1. Delicious card! Anything chocolate is girly enough for me haha. Glad you could join us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, super image, thanks for sharing with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! This is such a fun image to color (I've got it too) and I love your fancy fold for your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week! Helen :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Eret! Your card is gorgeous and you did a great job colouring the strawberries.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is wonderful, really followed the theme for this week which was Lace and Pearls

    Thank you for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this week.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card. I just love the way this opens! So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmm yummy this is so fun, love the image and gorgeous colours and style. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week and good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! My son and I were eating strawberries today with a cream cheese dip. I'll have to get us some chocolate-covered ones next time. :) Love your pearl and scallop accents and the brown swirled paper you designed. Wish I knew how to design pretty papers like you do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, so yummy! Hugs Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Love how you did the inside. No chocolate for me safe too going to eat it all Thanks for joining us at CardPatterns.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, stunning creation, I love this fold/layout you used and your coloring is fabulous. Thanks so much for playing along at MILKCOFFEE this time:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...