Friday, April 27, 2012

Someone to share the joy

I have box full of all kind of packages waiting to be reused someday :o) I blame my astrological sign of my 'garbage' collecting habit. I'm a rat :o) The base of this post-it notes holder is a package of Milka heart shape chocolate (mmm... these are so delicious)


I cut off the extra flaps (not sure is it correct word) and covered both sides with red papers. Edges are brushed over with white paint. 
Image is from very talented lady from Netherlands. Check her blog Sliekje digi Stamps. She has bunch of gorgeous digis. I think the little mouse is actually meant as winter image, but I colored the flower yellow and made some pearl rain instead of snowflakes (or it could be snow as well. It snowed last week in Estonia. It's Estonian spring).  Image is colored with water base markers (scribbled on to acrylic block) and water brush.


White paper is embossed with Craft Concepts embossing folder - In Bloom. I did also used some dies from  Spellbinders Nestabilities - Lacey Circle and Marianne Design CreaTables (leaves). Flowers are punched with dbCraft punches and butterflies with Heyda punch. Red distressed edges are made with Memento Dye Ink - Lady Bug. To add some sparkle on to flowers and yellow Lacey circle I used some atYouSpica glitter pen - Lemon. Actually yellow motives (except leaves) are colored with yellow marker and glitter pen 'couse I used all my yellow papers on previous card :o)  Dash line is made with Pergamano white gel pen. also added some Queen & Co self-adhesive pearls (in front side) and Stanger Pearl Paste - Pearl white. Sentiment is computer generated.


I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Crafting for All Seasons - Challenge #25 - Anything but card
Moving Along With the Times - Garden or flowers
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges - Challenge #11 - Bingo (No pattern paper, Pearls, Distress and No pattern paper, Punches, Emboss)
Crafts 4 Eternity - Challenge #69 - Spring
Top Tip Tuesday - Challenge#75 -Anything but a card

14 comments:

  1. Its absolutely fabulous...

    Thanks for playing along at CCCC & good luck!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, such a lot of thought and work gone into it. Love the image and the colours too.
    Thanks for joining in with MAWTT this week
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is just gorgeous and a great way to re-use a package. (and yes you used the word flaps correctly!) Love your use of die-cuts and pearls here. So many details to savor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful design this is and love how you've recycled the chocolate box! The image is really sweet and I love the embossing and gorgeous embellishments! it's a fab gift idea!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in the Challenge!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your gorgeous project. Thanks for joining us at Crafts4Eternity.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and creative idea!!! I love it!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW now that is some fabulous recycling!! Its such a fab creation!!

    Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday! Hope to see you again!

    Remember, you can enter 3 creations and 3 tips - 6 chances for prizes!!

    Hugs

    Leanne

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eret this is stunning! I must be a rat also as I have a box full of old boxes and tubs to alter. Unfotunately I seem to add more that I will ever alter!!!
    I love all of the detail you have added to this. It is a beautiful little note holder.

    Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Anything but a Card' challenge. Don't forget if you share a Top Tip with us you could win our Top Tipper prize :)

    Thanks for playing :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely color combo and papers. Awesome!

    sydney limo hire

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, fabulous recyling...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fantastic recycling! (I'm a pack rat too lol) Yuu have turned this into an amazing creation! Thank you for playing with us at Moving Along With The Times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're a woman after my own "recycled" heart! I, too, am a garbage collector when it comes to crafting!!! I love that you upcycled this box into a FaBuLoUs card!!! Thank you for playing with us at CCCC!

    Torrey

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty card - Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...