Tuesday, May 1, 2012

All my favorite things

Today I'd like to share a card which is suitable for any occasion and for male or female :o) At least I'd love to get this blue card :o)


I was very exited then I saw this week challenge at Charisma Cardz - Challenge #16 Blue, Black and White. I knew that i want to participate :o) Blue, black and white are colors of Estonian flag. I thought it would be fun to create a card with these colors. 
I haven't done any CAS type card so far. It's strange 'cause many years in school I was teached "Less is more" I make cards for fun and it is fun to put all kind of stuff on the card, so I discard this instruction. But because in Phindys Place Challenge - Challenge #103 theme is Clean and Simple I thought I'll try to make one. I like the outcome :o) I should make some more CAS cards and try to make them even more simpler.
The Sweet Stop celebrates their 3rd birthday and they let to choose among any old sketches to participate their challenge. For Sweet Stop Sketches - Challenge #156 I chose sketch #SSS136 



Cornflowers are my favorite flowers. They are so so beautiful. It is awesome that my birthday is in July 'cause my closest people bring me cornflowers or any other field flowers. It is so heartwarming then someone will picks flowers for me with their own hands :o) My favorite color is blue so blue cornflowers for me... oh, yes, please :o)




It was difficult to find a digistamp with cornflower. I found one but that was without stem. It didn't work for me so I kept searching. I didn't find digi stamp but found a coloring page from ClipArt ETC with lovely  cornflower. I colored it as usual with water base felt markers (scribbled on to acrylic block) and water brush and some atYouSpica glitter marker Sky Blue. Also added small dots with Pergamano White gel pen.




Inside of the card
My mother gave me a huge box full of all kind of buttons. I don't know why I haven't used them before. I find a cute cornflower shape button among them. It's perfect :o) Blue crochet yarn is also from my stash.
Upper right corner felt so empty so I added some Stanger pearl paste - White Pearl.  
Papers I use are bought from office supply store, that's why I don't know do they have any color name or brand.


I'd like to participate also on following challenges:
Love to Create Challenge - Challenge #13 - Flowers and Buttons (with optional sketch)
Joanna Sheen Challenge - Flower Power
Hooked on Craft Challenges - Challenge #20 - Flowers
Crafter's Companion Monthly Challenge - Challenge #24 - Here Comes Summer

One more thing :o) Cornflower is also our national flower. Maybe I got to far with national things but I just love blue color and cornflowers :o) And summer is my favorite season. This card is all about my favorite things :o) No wonder I'm pleased with it... :o)

15 comments:

  1. What a magnificent card ! Simple and clean as I like. The inside is also beautiful as the outside. Excellent work ! Bravo !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning, the layout, colours, everything. Thank you so very much for joining us on the Joanna Sheen Challenge & good luck. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and elegant Eret!! :)

    Thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz this week, and also for joining us at Joanna Sheen Challenge! Good luck!

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stunning in your rich colors!! Thank you for playing along with us at Love to Create Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! THis is so striking! Thank you for joining us in the Sweet Stop Sketch! I hope you will join us again! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Eret, that's such a beautiful card and all the amazing details you made, love it. Thanks also for your lovely comment on my blog.
    Hugs Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous design and such a beautiful image. Thanks for joining Charisma this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how pretty! Love the lovely image and the blue colors! Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, this is so elegant. A gorgeous creation. Thanks for joining us at Charisma.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, I like the image, Thanks for joining in with us at Hooked on Craft, this month, Good luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Love the way you did the inside too. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Card! Love the colors!! Thank you so much for playing with us at Love to Create this week! We hope you come back and play again really soon! Many Blessings, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I've always said red is my favorite color since I was a girl, but blue really is a close second. And I love CAS designs too. Such a wonderfully rich shade of blue too for your coneflowers - love that twine and button accent with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. really beautiful, thanks for joining us at the Crafter's Companion Challenge this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Eret, you make a lovely CAS card :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...