Thursday, May 10, 2012

Flower pot for mom

I've wanted to make a flower pot card for very very long time. Mother's Day is a perfect chance to try it out :o) So, here it is, my very first hand made flower pot. I like it :o)
Purple flowers are digis from Beccy's Place. I printed several of them on paper and cut them apart to create dimensional flowers with foam tape. They are colored with water-base markers (scribbled on to acrylic block) and water brush.
"For dear Mother!"
All stamping is done with small stamps from Folia Varioustamp Summerbreeze set. I thought that tiny butterflies and dragonflies are perfect to mach with DP-s from Prima Botanical collection. I cut the paper so the butterfly would be on front of the flower pot and dragonfly on the back side. Stamping is done with Momento Dye inks Tuxedo Black and Pear Tart. Edges of the papers are distressed with Ranger Distress ink Vintage Photo.
"Beautiful Mother's Day"
Green leaves are diecuted with Marianne Design CreaTables. Blue flowers are made with dbCraft small and middle flower punches and colored with Ranger Distress ink - Broken China. And added Melissa Frances self-adhesive pearls to centers. Also added some Ranger Diamond Sickles to the purple flowers and their leaves.

Hmm, what else... Purple ribbon is bought from fabric store. Sentiments are computer generated. White paper is 300g watercolor paper. I like this texture and thought it would be nice as the base of the flower pot. Decorative borders are made with Nellie's Multi Frame - Border 2. I also used the leftover from this on the bottom of the pot.

Today I have many challenges I'd like to participate with my pocket card:
Addicted To Stamps Challenge - Challenge #29 - Mother's Day (card for a woman)
 Love To Create Challenge- Challenge #14 - For Mom
Crafting For All Seasons - Challenge #26 - Handmade Flowers
Pattie's Creations Challenge - Challenge #43 - Mother's day
Ladybugs Crafts Ink Challenge Blog - Challenge #60 - Anything but Square
The Sisterhood of Crafters - May Flowers
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Challenge #19 - Flowers
OneCrazyStamper.com - May Challenge - Mom
Beccy's Place - May Challenge -To Mother with her favorite color
Going Buggy - May Challenge - Things With Wing

16 comments:

  1. WOW! What a beautiful job! Your flowers are gorgeous and the pot is divine. Love that color combo. Thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters' May Flowers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! This is so amazing! Fantastic coloring and design. If you're interested, this would fit nicely in the Pattie's Creations challenge (Mother's Day) going on now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow this is gorgeous .. i just love the flower pot design and fabulous flowers
    Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a truly beautiful card Eret, I am in awe! You have done a spectacular job colouring all those flowers and combining them to make this amazing card. I absolutely LOVE it and I think I may just have to borrow your idea for my own Mum!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! I'm so glad you joined us at Pattie's Creations. It's an amazing creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow, wow! Beautiful creation Eret! I'm happy that Anne sent you over to join in our challenge.
    Thanks for playing in our 'Mother's Day' Challenge #43, and for using a Digital OR Stamped image!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, this is so beautiful! I love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this is just gorgeous Eret! LOVE your flower bouquet! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘MAY FLOWERS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful. I love this craetion.
    Hugs,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Create Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy cows...this is fan-tab-u-lous! Did you use an svg for the flower pot? Love the entire look of this wonderful project. I'm sure whatever mother received it must have been totally blown away. Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Mother's Day Challenge....good luck ~ Charlene PC DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful flower card! I have never tried that kind of card! Thanks for participating in our flower-challenge at Crafty Ribbons this fortnight!

    Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  13. aAbsolutely love the colors you\ve used. Thank you for joining us at OCS for the May challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi ya, I just looooove your card. I won Bec's last challenge so am wishing you luck in this one...going to join your blog as a follower, maybe you would like to join mine. Can you please email me and tell me how I do the side bar on your left here for challenge contact as I think I did mine wrong...thanks Annie..x (Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous. Thank you so much for entering it in this months Going Buggy challenge, and good luck
    hugs
    Enfys x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful card Eret, well done I love those pretty flowers :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...