Monday, May 21, 2012

Summer morning

Come and join with the Digi Makeover Challenge team this week and recycle something. Be sure to let us know what it is and don't forget to use a digi-image :)


I sat with my old boxes and nice backing covers and thought what should I use. My eyes kept moving to my wall to the lovely flower calender. I knew then I got it that it will be recycled one day. I couldn't wait few more weeks 'til the end of the May. These pretty lilacs talked with me :o) They wanted to be a card. After cutting the image out I noticed that there was June calender behind it... Oh, well... I'm now without a calender until July :o) But these lilacs was too beautiful and perfect for the lady who this card is made.


Although it was a bit challenging to make this card, it was much harder to take a photo of it. I walked with this card in all rooms to get a good light, but it didn't still show the true image of the card. I hope you get the idea how and what I did. I try to explain it :o)


I printed flowers from Dandy Wishes Set to a acetate. Never done it before and didn't know does it work. It came out quite nicely but ink didn't dry (I was afraid of it). But naive me didn't loose hope. I waited an hour and after that it was still wet. So I took a spray varnish and covered the acetate with it. It worked!!! I was so happy :o)


I printed out Rose, colored her with watercolor pencils and popped her up with foam tape to the image from calendar. There is also some Glossy Accent on top of the rose bud, laces of her dress and shoes. Her wings are covered with Diamond Sickles. But before that I added some glitter to the background image. Sadly the glitter isn't captured on the photo really well. In real, it doesn't look like a big white blob.

Acetate was cut larger the the background image (about 4 cm). I scored it on both sides and attached it with sticky strips so it will form an arc over it. In the bottom I added a self made twine. It was done with old crochet thread leftovers. And on top is a old lace, leftover from 'tanu' (cap which is wear with our folk costume). Also added a little lovely angel charm which came with my order as a thank you gift from My Crafty Heart (super sweet of them).  I added some purple gems from dbCraft on center of flowers.


Inside of the card are the same Dandy Wishes flowers. I took the idea from the same set, from their word "wish". The "i" on it was replaced with flower. I did the same with my title. Edges are colored with Memento Pear Tart dye ink (it's my favorite green ink) and lines are made with green Stabilo pen. In center of flowers are drops of Diamond Stickles. Also added some glitter on two corners.


I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Inky Impressions Challenges - Use lace or trim
Charisma Cardz - Challenge #19 - Metal charm
Patties Creations Challenge - Challenge #44 - Recipe (3 of: Buttons, Ribbon, Flowers, Glitter, Charm, Sentiment, Gems or Pearls)
Crafts 4 Eternity - Challenge #72 - Wonderful wings
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - Fairies and angels
Going Buggy - May challenge - Things with wings

20 comments:

  1. Stunning card Eret! This looks like it was a lot of work, but well worth it! I know your friend will love it. Love that arched acetate top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful creation, love the colours and the sweet little charm you have used. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a lot of work to create your card but well worth it. It is simply stunning. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow stunning creation!! Thanks for joining us at C4E.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZERS!!! From a Calendar Page? Beautiful!
    Thanks for playing with the Inky Team this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning creation, thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Stunning is the word that describes this perfectly!!!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eret - you did an awesome job with this creation, a lot of work went into it!
    Thanks for playing in our 'Recipe' Challenge #44, and for using a Digital OR Stamped image!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Eret, this is lovely and so unusual! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty, very magical looking! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely creation, great dimension and beautiful details! :)

    Thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That thing is SO cool. Great job Eret!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is FABULOUS! Absolutely love this!
    Thank you for joining us this week for the Phindy's Place challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Thanks for joining us at CRafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great card ;o)
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' last week.

    Janneke XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. the card is cool. I tried stamping on acetate and the same happened. Thank you for the tip @ the spray. I have to go and buy some now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fab, love the use of acetate. Thanks for joining us at Phindys Place this week......

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty! I love your coloring and all of your added touches. Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an unusual card, it looks gorgeous, and such a lot of work went into making it
    Thanks for entering it in my challenge, and good luck
    hugs
    Enfys

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...