Monday, May 14, 2012

Sweet deer

This week at Paper Makeup Stamps' Digital Makeover Challenge we have an inspiration photo.



It is such a sweet inspiration photo right after Mother's Day. Then I think of quilted blanket, I think of my mom. She has made so many quilted blankets. And not smalls but big ones with beautiful patterns. These blankets was so warm. Maybe because they ware made with mother's love :o)
Here is my version of 'quilted planket'. I actually had a blue one but ´I decided to make a pink card for some little girl :o) I followed the sketch from Sketch and Stash Challenge - Challenge #87


I feel a bit like a cheater... My quilted pattern is made digitally in Photoshop. I used digital papers from Computer Scrapbook. Most of them are from Baby Girl collection but bright pink is from Friday Night Cocktails 2 collection. I made a pattern with 2x2cm DP pieces and draw digital stitching on it. If self drawn stitching is called 'faux', is it 'double faux stiching' then. Hmm...


And that's not all with my cheating. I took a frame from PMS Framed Digi Set, removed the white part, changed thee color to dark brown and pasted in front of digi paper. Then took digital Felicity the Fawn (she is available as rubber stamp in PMS shop. Grab her 'til you can 'cause PMS goes all digi soon) and removed outer white part and pasted on top of the frame.
I printed prepared parts out seperately: quilted background, frame with DP and deer, one plain frame, two extra deers (on watercolor paper). Then I cut frames out with little white border and fuzzy-cut two deers. One without flower and with only two legs.
I colored the images as usual with regular water-base markers and water brush and poped the deer on top of the frame with foam tape.
Inside of the card
Other supplies: Stanger pearl paste - White Pearl on center of flowers, which are made with dbCraft Small Flower punch and colored with Memeno Angel Pink Dye Ink. Edges of background papers and flower border are distressed with Dovecraft Berry Purple Pigment Ink. Leaves are made with Marianne Design CreaTables die and heavy weight brown paper (same paper is on bottom layer). Flower border is punched with Heyda Flower Border punch and also used the corner rounderer from same company. Some glitte is added with atYouSpica glitter markers Pink (on deer's flowers) and Melon (on flower stem and under the deer's legs on front of the card). Pink ribbon is from my stach.
I'd like to participate on following challenges:

14 comments:

  1. This is darling! I LOVE, love, love the quilted look. Super perfect and the little deer is just adorable.
    Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's Stitching challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! Amazing coloring on your deer and it's as pretty on the inside as the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH How Beautiful! love the quilting look! the stitching is perfect!
    Thanks for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl Stitches challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute, love how you've positioned the fawn to smell the flower!! Thanks for joining us at Charisma.
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love the layout. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful realization. I like your patchwork and your 3D. Great job ! Bravo !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is just a darling card. Love the quilted look and what a sweet little deer. Thanks so much for joining us at Card Makin' Mamas for our Flowers Challenge hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great card. I love that quilted look. Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fabulous card & such a gorgeous image I love how it looks like its smelling the flower lol :)

    Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash... good luck :)

    Angie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, I like the sweet image, Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash, Good luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really pretty creation hun! Thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty card ;o)
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a gorgeous card, love the quilted papers and design so glad you joined us at SnS this week
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks fab. I love your cute image& the 3D effect. Great take on my sketch too. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...