Thursday, May 3, 2012

Truck fan

With this card I went back to my pre Cuttlebug and dies time :o) It doesn't need much things to create it. Only paper, pair of scissors, some pens to color and foam tape. Of course computer and printer as well to print out the digi image :o)

My nephew is going to be 6 y.o. He is a big fan of trucks. So I thought I'll make a fun shaped shaker card for is birthday. 
I searched a proper truck image . This is the closest I could find. It's from free-kids-coloring-pages.com. Even though it is a bit strange. Seems that some wheels are missing :o) Such a big truck should have more wheels. If I notice it, I'm sure my nephew notice it too. Oh well...


I printed out four images. Two as they ware and two flipped horizontally. I colored the truck with water base markers and water brush. Also added some (a lot actually) sparkle with atYouSpica glitter markers (Lemon, Red, Sky Blue, Green, Gold, Silver) and Sakura Gelly Roll - Clear Star. Texts are computer generated. I inked the paper piece inside of the shaker with Memento Desert Sand ink.
Inside of the shaker are beads and small stars (there are more of them inside as seen on the photo). I should add them more but half of them ended up on my floor. I was so close to throw the card into the pin but I tamed myself and thought that it would be much bigger work to cut new card then to try fix it :o) I'm clad I didn't throw it away.
I'd love to participate on following challenges:
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - Anything but square

11 comments:

  1. What a stunning project ;o)
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is brilliant, I am sure he will love it. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Sweet Stampin. What a fabulous card. What boy wouldn't love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - this is a shaker AND a shaped card....love it! Fabulous idea and I'm sure it'll be a definite win with your nephew =) Thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters for our Shaker challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic take on the shaker card. AWESOME
    Thanks for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!

    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Eret, I'm so pleased you didn't throw it away too as it's a fab shape with plenty of detail!
    Thanks for entering my shaker card challenge this week for Allsorts and good luck!
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a clever and original idea! And so beautifully made! Your nephew will adore it - he's very lucky to have such a talented Auntie! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This is so clever and totally ADORABLE! He's going to LOVE IT!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘SHAKE IT UP’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome and so creative! (Even with a few less wheels than it should have!) What a great card for your nephew, I hope he loves it! Thanks for playing along at Fab N Funky this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card for a 6yo boy! Your nephew will love it! I just love how you made it truck-shaped and a shaker card. Pure creative genius! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What talent you have Eret, another super clever card :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...