Thursday, June 14, 2012

Lavander love

It's time to share another gorgeous digi from Beccy's Place. It is called Quilt Hearts set. It comes in many different versions - with patterned and simple hearts, colored and b&w line drawing. It is absolutely gorgeous set.


I used digi with simple hearts because I wanted to make some paper piecing. For that I used Computer Scrapbook digital papers - Babygirl and Tea on Tuesdays. Before printing the papers I changed their colors a bit more lilac.
White embossed paper is made with CraftConsepts embossing folder In Bloom. I left bottom part without embossing and made to score lines. In between the score lines I put a strip of soft lilac paper and lace on top of it. Edges of papers and embossing is covered with Dovecraft Berry Purple pigment ink. I added some Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star on the lace and edges of papers. It gives a lovely delicate sparkle to everything, specially I like lace that way :o)


Pearls are Melssa Frances's Trinkets & Baubles collection. I re-colored them with Promarker (plum). 
As I said. All hearts are paper pieced out of different pattern papers. I cut them out with scissors and colored around the edges with atYouSpica glitter marker Black. 
I try to explain what I did with the hearts. I turned them over and shaped them with rounded cap pencil. Then turned them right side up again and scored the middle with embossing tool. It gives nice dimension to them. I clued them down on the middle. Added some faux stitching with Black glitter marker. The heart in the middle is popped up with dimensional tape and is covered with Glossy Accents. Stitches on the digi image are also covered with Gelly Roll Clear Star.


 Inside of the card is very simple. I used the same embossing folder. I only embossed top and bottom of the paper and made a score lines to give a nice finish to the embossing part. I love how it looks :o) Also added one heart inside of the card. 


The light dot on the heart is not made by me. It was on the digi paper. I love to make paper piecing with digi papers and images. With them it's easy to select the perfect part of the pattern :o)


I'd like to participate in following challenges:
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - All stitched up
Allsorts Challenge - Week 158 - Ice cream colors
Milk Coffee Challenge - Embossing
Joanna Sheen Challenge - Lavender and lace

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Quilted heart shape card.Love your color choice and embossing.Thanks for joining us at Milk coffee stamps embossing challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - gorgeous paper piecinhg and fab embossing too :o)
    Thanks for playing along at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful and so creative, love the style and pretty colours. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, such an elegant card - love the colours and your embossing a perfect touch.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card Eret, seems like you are really enjoying your deisgning for Beccy...♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...