Monday, June 4, 2012

Pears and Roses

Hello everybody! This is my first card for Beccy's Place as a guest designer of the month :o) I'm so happy! 
I could use Beccy's newest digi - Pears and Roses. It's so gorgeous. It comes with b&w line drawing and also colored image. It's easy to use her colored image for quick card. But I love to color myself :o) 'cause I don't always understand where the shadows or highlight should be, I used her colored digi as a guide :o)

"for birthday"

I made a recessed window card. As I said before, image is called Roses and Pears. I printed it out on to watercolor paper and colored it with water-base felt markers (scribbled on to acrylic block) and with water brush. On the roses I also used the atYouSpica glitter marker - Lemon, and some Diamond Stickles. Same Sticles are also on the edges of the image and sentiment.


Sentiment is made by me in computer. I added little bit of atYouSpica Melon for color. Base of the sentiment is cut with the smallest die from Spellbinder Nestabilities Lacy Circles. Little dots on the scallops are made with Uni-ball Signo silver gel pen. 
Then I print out the digi image, I always but two or three image on the sheet. So if I mess up coloring I have second image right by the side and I don't have to use another paper or try to figure it out where to print it on the same paper on the correct place. My coloring came out nicely on first attempt, so I had other image to cut a part :o) I colored roses again and cut them out. Two roses are popped up on the side of the sentiment and the middle one is popped up on the main image.
The lovely light green paper with green and silver swirls is bought long time ago from Tiimari (Finnish shop). Lacy borders are bunched with dbCraft border bunch - Fence. Border strips on the front side of the card are made with the same bunch.


2 comments:

  1. The card is beautiful Eret,a great first GD card too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning! congrats on being a guest designer this month! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...