Monday, August 27, 2012

Birthday Ahoy!


It's PMS time again, Paper Makeup Stamps Digi Makeover Challenge time. This week we have an inspirational photo for you. It shows very nice nautical bedroom. I'd love to have some of those furniture to my room :o) The boat shape book self is really cool.
 


I decided to make something I haven't dried before - a shaped side step card. It was actually very easy :o) I wanted my card looks like a boat. I needed a wood like pattern paper and because I didn't had any, I made it my self in PhotoShop. I like how it turned out. Little windows are cut with Spellbinder Circles and I colored them with Letraset MetallicMarkers and added some drops of Glossy Accents to look like bolts. I found from my stash a little wooden anchor. It was white with blue outline anchor image on it. I colored it with Red Gold MetallicMarker to match my card. Sentiments are all computer generated.

"I look from the boat with telescope..."
On my card I used brand new digi stamp Eric, but if you are more into rubber you can buy him there. Act quick 'cause they have limited stock of rubber stamps. I flipped my Captain horizontally and re sized him. What's why I love digi stamps, I can play with it as I need :) Hi is colored with ProMarkers and I added some Glossy Accents to the badge on his hat and to the telescope class. 


Edges of wood pattern paper are distressed with scissors and Distress Ink. I made the card base from watercolor paper. I knew that it score lines turn out bit rough. It matches my old wood boat theme very nice. Small ship image inside is also from PMS, from their Sailing by Set. It is also colored with ProMarkers. I added some glitter to its water with Gelly Roll Star Dust pen.

"... how far your birthday is!"
I'd like to tell you my other source of inspiration. Soon I saw digi stamp with Eric I started to sing in my head "Ma vaatan paadist kiikriga kui kaugel on see Saaremaa..." - "I look from the boat with telescope how far is the Saaremaa" (Saaremaa is the biggest island in Estonia). So that's why the card looks like a boat and the sentiments are also inspired from this song.

Our guest designer this week is Anda. Go see her blog and say 'Hi' to her.  Also don't forget to visit all my team mates. I'm sure they give lots of inspiration to you. After that dig out a digi image and join with us to win some awesome digi stamps from PMS shop. You have one week to share your project.

Materials used:
Papers: Watercolor paper, white paper from my stash
Stamps:  Paper Makeup Stamps Eric and Sailing by Set
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage photo, Blue ink (don't know by who), printer
Coloring: ProMarkers: Skin - Dusky Pink, Blush, Satin; Hair - Gold, Buttercup; Hat - Black, Midnight Blue, China Blue, Powder Blue, Blender, Gold, Yellow ; Jacket - Black,  Midnight Blue, China Blue, Powder Blue, Gold; Shirt - China Blue, Powder Blue, Blender; Wings - Powder Blue, Buttercup, Blender; Telescope - Burnt Sienna, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Caramel, Sandstone, Ivory; Small ship - Powder Blue, Buttercup, Blender, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Caramel
MetallicMarkers: Ship windows - Gold, Red Gold
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilites - Standard Circles Larges
Embellishments: wooden anchour from my stash, Ranger - Glossy Accents, Gelly Roll - Star Dust gel pen 

I'd like to participate on following challenges: 
I Love Promarkers - Challenge 131 - Transport
Moving Along With The Times - Shape up
Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog - Out of the frame
Card Mania Challenges - Challenge 2 - On the beach/in the sea
 
Thank you for looking!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret
 
Thank you, Annie, so so much for beautiful blinkie. You are so sweet!
 

20 comments:

  1. Another fantastic looking card. Love your shaped side step card and your coloring is amazing, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fab card, Eret!
    Love the shape and the image and how you colored it...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooooh WOW this is such a STUNNING card! I love all about it. And you did the wood background... you are so very talented. This is really really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful side step card! Nice colouring.
    You are so talented, i like your style.
    Hugs,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is wonderful Eret. I love the clever shape, fabulous detailing and a great image too.

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic image gorgeous card. good luck with the I ♥ ProMarkers transport challenge. Hugs Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely AMAZING!!! Love every element you used, your coloring of the image, and the layout! ;o)
    Ruza

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh beautiful card sweetie, good luck and thank for joining us at card mania challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! I love the interesting fold of it and that little captain is so cute! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania this fortnight! Good luck! Ani

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfect example of an "out of the frame" image! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous. I love it. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Eret, thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Fabulous! A perfect image too. Thanks so much for joining in our 'Out of the Frame' challenge at Sweet Stampin. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card. I really love the colours and all the detailing is wonderful.Thank for joining us at Card Mania Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a lovely male circle card! I like how you've decoarted the front of your card, but the interior is equally beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this beautiful card. Love this captain image )) and shape of card.
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Out of the Frame” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! This is a delightful card! I love the shape and the design elements! What fun! Thank you for sharing it with us at Hooked on Craft Challenges!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous design and such a cute image! Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful card! Everything just works well together :) Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenge.
    Hugs, Mila

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so lovely card. Beautiful design. I like the softness of colors and that image is so creative. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...