Monday, September 10, 2012

Furry man for b-day

Hi everybody! Before I share my card I'd like to apologise for being such a bad blog buddy. Last week was so exhausting, I was too tired to leave some love to your blogs. Hopefully I get my writing mood back this week. But now it's time for monster mash. We have cool challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps this week. We want to see monster(s) on your project. You have to use a digi image on it.

 
Because scary cards are not my thing I decided to use a cute monster. There's lots of them in PMS shop :) I colored up Duncan. He's so adorable:)

Sent: "Sweet Birthday"

Background paper is made by me and so are sentiments in front and inside. This lovely blue and white braid is made by my mom. She loves to make them right now and I asked one for my card. It's actually made specially for this one :) I thought it would be lovely touch to it, just to give more soft and warm feeling to this kind cookie monster. And if you use your imagination, you see white hearts on it :)

 
Duncan is colored with ProMarkers and I added some Glossy Accents to his eyes and cookies. The heart frame with crown is colored Letraset Metallic marker. It looks really cool on real life. Frame and Duncan are popped up with foam tape. I added some glitter dots to frame and covered them with Glossy accents too. All those matting layers and butterflies are colored with ProMarker - Cyan. On the largest butterfly I made some pattern with Blender pen, white gel pen and glitter pen and added one gem to its body.


Inside of the card is very simple. Although the card is blue and you may think it is a male card, it isn't. I would love to get a blue card :o) The poem inside says it's for a woman. It's funny poem and goes perfectly with Duncan (or maybe it's funny only for me) It says something like this:
"Luck, health, guys
tall, hairy and great
I wish you from my side!
But you have to make it happen!"

This is it for today. Don't forget to visit my team mates from PMS and our this week guest designer Olivia from http://ormcraftynights.blogspot.com/. You have one week to participate in challenge.

Materials used:
Stamp:  Paper Makeup Stamps - Duncan
Papers: CraftWorksCard - base; White paper for matting - from my stash (colored with Cyan)
Coloring - ProMarkers: Monster - Cyan, Cool Aqua, Powder Blue; Hat, cloves and tray
- Warm Gray 2, Blender; Eyes and cookies - Sandstone, Cinnamon. MetallicMarker: Die cut heart - Blue. Gelly Rolly - Clear Star; Pergamano - White gel pen
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilites - Lacy Circles; Sizzix - Heart w/crown

Punches: Martha Stuart - 3 in 1 Classic Butterflies
Embellishments: MeiFlower - Stick On Gems Clear Crystal, handmade braid,  Ranger - Glossy Accents
Sentiments: Computer generated


I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Sassy Cheryls Challenge - Challenge 131 - Got the blues
Perfect Sentiments Challenge - Challenge 48 - Creature with sentiment
Friday Sketch Challenge - Sketch 25 - Sketch
Card Makin Mamas - Hearts
Allsorts Challenge - Week 171 - Layers
Sketchy Colors - Challenge 130 - Brown, turquoise, white
Sentimental Sundays - Challenge 119 - Humor me
Paper Play Time - Challenge 83 - Gingham + die cut/punch
Love To Create Challenge - Challenge 32 - Show us your ribbon or twine

Thanks for looking!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

18 comments:

  1. So very cute. I love how you create your own papers and your mom's braiding is beautiful. You can easily see all the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You used a sweet monster on your card.
    It looks completely perfect.
    Nicely made Eret.
    Greetings,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Eret. I love that monster, I'm glad you choose a cute one! Your papers and detailing are wonderful.

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Eret! Love your cute monster :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design, thanks or joining us at Love to Create. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card. I love all the layers and textures and just really can't believe that you made that background paper. Fantastic. Love the blues and your little monster is so adorable. Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hihhi hunny monster
    thanks for playing with the friday sketch challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this little guy, thank for sharing your card with us at allsorts this week. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really cool card!!
    Thank you for joining us at Sketchy Colors this week!
    Hugs, Jannhild

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card, love the little monster and the die used. Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge.
    Shirley xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card,love your image and colours, thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge.

    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Scary monsters are not my thing either, I so prefer the cute ones! Love your mom's braid and I can totally see the hearts that you pointed out. I always admire the digi papers you make too - could you ever do a tutorial on how to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is sooo CUTE! Love the heart frame and your coloring! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always such a treat visiting your blog!! Love the heart die!! Fabulous card!


    Yolie - PMS DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card!!! Thanks for participating in LOVE TO CREATE challenge!! Hope to see you again!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous birthday card! Such a cute image too! So glad to be on the team with you!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute and fun little monster. Adorable! Great humor challenge card, thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous card. So stunning design. Designing is such a great job and i realize this after working for the Scratch Cards Printing and designing company. I really appreciate your inspirational work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...