Thursday, September 13, 2012

Holiday Hearth

I had a chance to play with most awesome holiday set I've seen. It's brand new set named "Holiday Hearth" by Beccy Muir. There are images for Halloween, Fall and Christmas. It's so cool that you can make your own scene. I used Fireplace, Socks and Candies (inside of the card).
I really love images that can be a card all by it self. So I new instantly that the fireplace is going to be my card base. Because my printer ink run out I couldn't print it in home. I prepared the card digitally and while I was planning how everything should look like I thought it would be too much coloring of three fireplace. So I pre colored fireplaces for inside in psp. After printing all pieces at my work next day I remembered that the stamp set already came with colored images. I'm so stupid :) But I was already done the hard work and decided to use my pre-colored images. They turned out quite good actually. I made the stones look like a real bricks. But after coloring the fireplace for front of the card with ProMarkers, I liked it more. So I scanned it in to computer and printed it out next day at work :) One simple card and so much trouble... :)


First I planned to put fire on to fireplace but I found awesome poem and it spokes about man who comes down from chimney so the fire was excluded. I needed a Santa for that. I didn't had a proper image and I'm not good at drawing but I thought I'll try. To draw the boots I used a reference photo from Internet. I re-draw it with some modifications. It not exactly as I would love it to be but it will do :)
Lots of talk this time but bear with me :o) I enjoyed making this card a lot :o) The wreath is embossed with a stylus. It was easy to understand where I have to emboss because color was bleed through paper and I new exactly where the wreath is. I added some red stickes on top of the berries. The wood piece is popped up with foam tape and socks are fuzzy cut and also popped up. Some  diamond stickles to the socks and Santa's boots and front of the card was decorated :o) Oh and two metal thingies too, to mimic the nails with what socks are hanged up.


All three fireplaces are fuzzy cut and clued to the heavy weight watercolor paper. Edges of the base card are inked with distress ink. Most hardest was to make a pedestal pop-up candy jar with candies. Image is colored with ProMarkers and I use white gel pen to make the highlights. Then card opens, the candies pop-up. I thought it would be fun touch for a kids card. Some red stickles are added to the berries on wreath and bow on the jar. The long poem was printed with fireplace but the sentiment layer on right was cut out separately. Edges of that was also inked with distress ink. And I added same metal thingies to it as on front of the card.

Sentiment on right: "Merry Christmas"
A little more about those metal thingies. They are from a shirt which I got from SecondHand store for free. I knew instantly what I'll do with this shirt :o) I took all those metal thingies away from it and used it one time to clean my dogs paws. It was very useful shirt :o)

Materials used:
Stamps: Beccy's Place - "Holiday Hearth"
Paper: Heavy weight water color paper; White paper from my stash
Coloring: ProMarkers; Pergamano - White Gel pen
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage Photo; Printer
Embellishments: Ranger Stickles - Diamond & Xmas Red; Metal thingies from my stash
Sentiments: Computer generated

I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Delicious Doodles Challenge - Challenge 1 - Celebration
Bearly Mine Challenges - Challenge 52 - Anything goes
Charisma Cardz - Challenge 36 - Shaped card
 
Thank you for looking!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret
 

25 comments:

  1. A cute and funny make hun!
    Thanks for playing in the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week, and good luck in the draw!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card the shape is amazing loving the wonderful design, thank you for joining our challenge this week at Bearly Mine
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!!!!This image!!!! Really, really great!!!!
    You're coloring is very beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! This is fabulous Eret. It really is a wonderful design and I love all your attention to detail.

    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! Awesome card Eret. It might have been a lot of work, but it was well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O my god, this is really awesome. I would love to have that fireplace image!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good idea for the shape ! The inside is also fabulous as the outside. Wonderful work ! Bravo !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cadz this week and good luck !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous shaped card, great image! I like how you've decorated the inside. Thanks for celebrating with us this week.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Delicious Doodles DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute card
    thanks for joining us at Charisma and Delicious Doodles
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable, thanks for playng @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely creation, just beautiful!
    Thanks for playing in the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week, and good luck in the draw!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  12. great card its fantastic thanks for joining us at LEJ designs and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely Eret, cute images too and santa looks like he's stuck trying to get down or up...rather cute...luv annie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Eret
    This is a beautiful card I loved it as soon as I saw it and then I read your story and realised how difficult it must have been for you to achieve this fabulous card. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I can't wait to see some more of your great creations.
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is lovely! I just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my Blog with such a lovely, much appreciated, comment. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What Lovely card - interesting shape - thanks for joining my CHNC challenge 89 - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card. Thanks for joining in at CHNC this week. Carol GDT x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh i LOVE how you used this image to make a shaped card! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. fabulous card Eret - so cute! Thanks for joining us at LEJ Designs this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. very nice. TFS with us at CTO this week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh this is brilliant, I love the shape and the little stockings look fab, brilliant pop up element too, love it
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gosh, how darling!
    Love the little pop up inside and your coloring is fab!!!
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow what a wonderful creation and such a fun card to open up, really beautiful work! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Getting in Shape" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ok, so I saw the front and thought "OMG that is adorable! I love the stockings." and then you open it up and it just gets better!! How fabulous. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow I love this! Thanks for joining in our Shaped Card challenge at Charisma this week :) Gemma x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...