Thursday, September 27, 2012

Holly Ornament

Today I have one card to share. I used new digi from Beccy's Place. It is called Holly Ornament.
I love to make Christmas cards. There is something very heart warming about them :o)
Image is colored with ProMarkers and I added lots of gold glitter gel pen to the ornament. Christmas decoration has to sparkle :)
I had a happy accident with coloring the image. Ribbon of the ornament was red at first but then I assembled the card, it kind a disappeared to the background. Then I took the blender pen, removed as much red as it was possible (which wasn't very successful), and recolored it with green. And I love the outcome :) I think if I was colored the ribbon green at first, it wouldn't turned out as nice.



I used many pattern papers on my card and followed the sketch from Pink Ink Sketch Challenges - Challenge 32 to assemble it. Black matting paper is colored with Promarker. I scribbled faux stitching with white and and gold gel pen.

 
You still have few days to participate on Beccy's Place September challenge. All you have to too is use one of the Beccy's image on your project.

Materials used:
Stamps: Beccy's Place -
  Holly Ornament
Paper: CraftworksCard card base; Papermania - At Christmas Time; White paper from my stash
Coloring: ProMarkers - Burgundy, Crimson, Poppy, Red, Pine, Lush Green, Burnt Sienna, Caramel, Sandstone, Satin, Buttercup, Black, Blender; Pergamano - White gel pen
; Uni-ball Signo - Sparkling gold gel pen
Inks:
Printer
Dies:
Marianne design - Small Poinsettias
Sentiments: Computer generated
Embellishments: Lace from my stash

I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Christmas Card Challenges - Week 43 - Christmas card with optional inspiration photo
Card Mania Challenges - Challenge 4 - Handmade flowers
Pattie's Creations Challenge - Challenge 53 - Anything goes (with image)
Lady Bugs Crafts Ink Challenge Blog - Bingo (Die cuts/stitching/lace)


Thank you for looking!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

12 comments:

  1. This is stunningly beautiful, Eret.

    I just wanted to let you know that the card you submitted to Avadares Challenge Blog has been chosen as one of our Top 3 Picks. Congratulations. The blog post will go live tomorrow afternoon (Atlantic Canada time), but you can pick up your Top 3 badge from the site any time.

    Thanks again for playing at Avadares. I hope you will join in the new challenge that starts first thing tomorrow.

    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL card very well put together love the flowers ..Thank you for playing along at Card Mania Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Eret, it's something I could take into my Animation shop and make it sparkle for you...luv the image...annie xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love your coloring and all the patterned papers. Fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is stunning Eret. I love Beccy's image and your colouring is wonderful. I agree - the effect you have achieved with the ribbon is wonderful, a nice happy accident!

    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eret - beautiful card! Thanks for playing in our 'Anything Goes' Challenge #53!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Eret,

    This looks very creatively, beautifully made.
    Kind regards,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so festive! I love your coloring and all of your added touches. Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
    Hugs
    Pattie ♥
    Artist
    at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful, love the vintage style of it
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card I love that bauble image really traditional!
    Thanks for playing Bingo with the Ladybugs at LCI this challenge and good luck
    HUgs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Christmas card. Love the colours and detail. Thanks for joining us at LCI Challenge this fortnight.
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! your card is sooooo Christmassy! I adore the image! thanks for joining the Ladybugs in a game of Bingo! be sure to stop by tomorrow for our "New Release Challenge" Hugs Julie.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...