Sunday, September 30, 2012

Markers storage

Hello! I took some time on the weekend to finish the project I started several months ago. Then I bought my first ProMarkers, I needed a place to store them. So I made a little shelves for them. The top shelf held my glitter pens, graft knife and other pens at first but I had to take them away after I bought more markers. Now the shelves are full so I have to make another one :o)


I made the shelves from recycled cardboard and covered everything with white papers. I didn't decorated at first but now then I saw a challenge at Kaia's Scrapbooking Fairy Tale I had to decorate it. I knew if I let the challenge go I won't too it any time soon :)


I used pattern papers which I bought from Tiimari. I don't know why I didn't bought more of them. Pack of 32 8"x8" cost only 1,60€. Seriously. And they are so pretty. 
After covering the shelves with pattern papers and lace I thought I need something where I can put my pens. So I recycled small Christmas light box I saved from last Christmas (I knew it will be useful someday) and covered it with nice paper too. 


After finishing the shelves and pencil box I wasn't pleased. It needed something more. Something they can stand on. Yesterday I received small parcel with grafting goodies and the box they ware in was exactly the same width as my shelves and pencil box together. It was perfect. I just had to make it shorter, clue the loose sides and make a drawer to inside. Now I have nice place to keep my pearls and rhinestones. And also the tiny candy box there I hold my markers fine nibs and caps. 
Some markers reach out from the shelf longer then other because they have fine nib on. I should took them off to have a little nicer photo but it's hard for me to take them off, so it will have to too :)


So this is it, my little storage place :) It was fun to make it.

Materials used:
Paper: Designer Paper from Tiimari, recycled cardboard, recycled boxes, heavy weight water color paper, white paper.
Inks: TH Distress ink - Faded Jeans
Dies:
Marianne design - Vivienne Butterfly
Punch: dbGraft - Fence
Embellishments: MeiFlower - White Satin Ribbon ; Lace from my stash; Melissa Frances - Pearls

I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Kaia's Scrapbooking Fairy Tale - Kodu töövahenditele (storage)
Crafting For All Seasons - Challenge 36 - Things with wings
Flutterby Wednesdays - Challenge 207 - Anything goes 

 Totally Paper Crafts - Challenge 136 - Pretty pastels
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Challenge 29 - Anything but square 


Thank you for looking!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

9 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Eret. Definitely very useful and looks beautiful too.
    Oh, sorry I have just remembered that you asked me which colour Promarkers I used to colour my elephant. I used ice grey 3,2,and 1.
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh this has got to be the prettiest pen storage I have seen, its beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Flutterby. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely creation Eret. I should show you mine but will another day, via email...luv annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so very creative! Love your project and how you decorated it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Väga vahva pesa Promarkeritele ja muule sinna juurde. Aitäh, et mängisid kaasa Kaia Scrapbooking Fairy Tale sellenädalases väljakutses. Ootame sina alati tagasi oma loomingut jagama.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nii hea idee. Terve lauapealne sai ju kohe korda ja leiab ees olevad värvid ruttu ruttu üles:)
    Aitähh, et mängisid kaasa Kaia Scrapbooking Fairy Tales ja ootame sind tagasi ka tänasele algavale väljakutsele:)

    Kerttu

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for sharing with us at fbw what a creative project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow what a great idea. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons this time. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely creations, thanks for sharing your creation with us at CRAFTY RIBBONS x carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...