Thursday, September 6, 2012

Spooky Thursday

Hi everyone! Today I have one spooky DT card for Beccy's Place to share with you. I used a brand new digi named Haunted Birdhouse. It's fantastic image. Perfect for Halloween.
I've never done a scary card before or card for Halloween. I thought I'll challenge myself and try to make one. It was my first and last time I'll do a spooky card. I don't like it.I love the image though, and I loved to color it, I even like the pattern papers I made, but I don't like the card. It just not my thing :)


Here's a bit better view of the card. On the green paper is a spider web. I colored it over with glitter pen to add some sparkle to it. Those white pen lines are also covered with same pen, so this card is quite sparkly in real life. The blue paper is actually purple, but somehow other paper colors are same as they are on photo. Strange...


Did you noticed that there is a barbwire on green paper? That was easy to achieve, because all the papers are my own design. I planned my card digitally. All layers was put on top of each other including digi image (I just removed white background from it) and then I printed green paper with the image and same way the purple paper plus one extra image on white to make it 3D.  On following photo you can see that barbwire is on green paper and one pumpkin and crow leg is on purple paper. Birdhouse, crow and other pumpkin are cut out separately and placed with foam tape on top of all.
All layers was printed separately because I wanted to mat them on to black paper.


Inside is very similar to the front. Instead of purple paper and image I placed the sentiment layer.


Materials used:
Stamp: Beccy's Place - Haunted Birdhouse
Papers: Black and white paper, pattern papers made by me :)
Coloring: ProMarkers; Pergamano - White gel pen; Gelly Roll - Clear Star
Punches: Two way corner punch from unknown company
Sentiment: Computer generated

I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge - Challenge 113 - Sketch
Delightful Sketches - Halloween
 
Thanks for looking!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret
 
 

7 comments:

  1. WOW!! This is wonderful Eret. Such a great image. I love the papers and the layout too.

    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card and papers and think the crow is great -thanks for joining us at LEJ Designs this week
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you don't like it, but I think it's fantastic. Love all the details you added and the fact you created everything digitally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great card and perfect for our challenge!
    thank you for joining in the challenge at LEJ Designs this week
    hugs
    Debbi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you making your own papers...truly creative, girl!
    Glad you entered our LEJ Designs Challenge...good luck,

    Bev DT LEJ Designs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Very creative. Thank you for joining us at LEJ Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges!
    Denise
    DC-DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...