Thursday, October 18, 2012

Candy Canes

My dear followers have probably noticed that I love to make Christmas cards :) Here is another one. I used Beccy Muir's new digi called 'Candy Canes'. If you buy her digis you'll get line art image and also pre-colored image. I love to color her digis but this time I needed a quick card so I used her colored image. I just added some stickles to the ribbon and Glossy Accents to the berries.

Sweet Christmas!
Those candies looks so delicious. I truly wish I could buy them in Estonia too. I got them several years ago in England and I want more :)
Anyway... The card is very simple. I just embossed the background, matted it to self colored red paper, added few more layers and some gems. I followed the sketch from Friday Sketch Challenge - Sketch 28. Inside of the card is similar, except I embossed the strip of paper instead of the background layer.



Go over to Beccy's Place to see more cards made with this beautiful image. And you still have time to join the monthly challenge too. All you have to do is use Beccy's digi image on your project.

Materials used:
Stamps: Beccy's Place - Candy Canes

Paper:  White  paper from my stash (matting layer colored with Promarker - 'Crimson')
Embossing folder: Crafts-Too - Dots 5x5"

Dies: Sizzix Framelits - Oval with Ornate Edge
 Sentiments: Computer generated
Embellishments: Dovecraft - Bact to Basic Christmas Gemstones,  Ranger - Glossy Accents, Ranger Stickles - Crystal


I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Crazy 4 Challenges - Challenge 158 - Sweet treat 
Charisma Cardz - Challenge 41 - Clean and simple
Thank you for looking!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Eret. I love the image and your layout is fabulous

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really gorgeous! Just love your work. You will want to check out my blog here: http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2012/10/the-liebster-award.html

    Hugs

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well.. I wonder if I could just mail you a bunch of candy canes.. wonder how they would mail to you :) Awesome Card! Its just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely candy cane card Eret. Colours are fab. Awesome all over...you can't get candy cane there...gosh that's not good...we will have to get a bucket load for you lol...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! The embossing really stands out and beautifully decorated on the inside too. Thanks for joining us at LCI Challenge this fortnight.
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great card, love your take on the sketch, thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge this week.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful, I love the embossing and the candy canes image is gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab card, love the image and lovley embossing. Thanks for joining us at Milkcoffee this challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is Lovely, thank you for sharing with us at Charisma Cardz,
    and good luck.

    Caz xx CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card,love the candy canes. Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge.
    Shirley xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL! This is lovely! Great for a pre-coloured image to. I never knew they came out so nice! Can't believe you can't get Candy Canes in Estonia!!! Such a shame! Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge this fortnight. Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...