Monday, January 7, 2013

White on (not so) white

Hello my friends. It has been so long since I last posted a card in here. I took some time off from blogging and card making during the Christmas. Card making wasn't fun anymore because I was in time trouble. My design team cards was on last minute and I hated that feeling. I needed a little brake. And on that time I manged to make some DT cards for future challenges and that feels so good :)  At least next few weeks I don't have to worry about being late :)
Here's my first card on this year.


This week theme on the Paper Makeup Stamps is "White on White."  I put too much color on my white card but I'm sure you can too better :) Just don't forget to use digi image on your project.
 

I used lots of die-cuts on my card. I really love the white on white but die-cuts didn't show up enough so I added some ink to the edges. I like that it feels old and dirty :)
It is first time for me to use bought paper flowers. They are so beautiful. Somehow the white flower is so yellow on the photo but it's not that color on real.


I used Melody Fairy as my mane image. I flipped her horizontally and after coloring the image with Promarkers I noticed that notes was backward. Ups! So I covered them with white gel pen and re-draw the notes. Lesson learned: some digistamps are not meant to flip! I hope I can remember it :)
 

Inside of the card is simple as always. Background layer is made with help of Score-pal. Butterflies are stamped with Black ink, colored with Promarkers and die-cutted with matching framelits.
 
 
Materials used:
Papers: CraftworksCard card base, white paper from my stash
Stamps: PMS - Melody Fairy; Sizzix Framelits w stamps - Butterflies #3
Coloring: Promarkers; Pergamano - White gel pen
Inks: TH Distress Ink - Tea Dye; Memento - Tuxedo Black; Printer
Dies: Spellbinder Nestabilites - Label Four sm; Marianne Design - Anja's Edge; Memory Box - Honeyblossom Sprig; Sizzix Framelits w stamps - Butterflies #3
Punches: Heyda border punch
Embellishments: Ranger Stickles - Crystal; DoCrafts - Back to Basic Christmas gems; Kort and Godt - White and Light Blue Paper Roses; Ribbon from my stash

I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Bearly Mine Challenges - Challenge 67 - Something old (all dies) and something new (paper flowers and border punch)
Crafts 4 Eternity - Challenge 105 - Something new (paper flowers and border punch)
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Celebration (Birthday)
Cute Card Thursday - Challenge 250 - Something new (paper flowers and border punch)
Totally Paper Crafts - Challenge 148 - Something new (paper flowers and border punch)
 
Thank you for looking!
Your comments are highly appriciated.
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

16 comments:

  1. this is very cute! Love all the textures
    Thanks for playing with us this week at Craft 4 Eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the layers and the touches of ink so each one shows up. Great looking card and a sweet image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Eret. I love the sweet image, your colouring is wonderful and the detailing is so pretty.
    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, lovely image and so much detail. Thank you for joining us this week at TPC.
    Laine
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is suuuuch a beautiful card. I really love the wonderful details on it. And the very soft color palette that you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is absolutely stunning Eret, such an unusual colour palette which really highlights all the pretty elements.

    Thank you so much to joining our Friendship theme at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and stunning card Eret and congrats on winning at bearly mine challenge sweetie...luv annie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card Eret such a sweet image and I love the diecuts you've used
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow this is fab honey.. so pretty - Thanks for playing at Inky Impressions xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really pretty, I love the butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions this week

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous, Eret! I love all the background layers and the butterflies are very pretty. I think you've used just the right amount of colour. The inside is lovely too. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations this month, and good luck.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know the feeling Eret...I still haven't got into the swing of things. I've made two cards since Christmas ...I think I've hit a brick wall!!! Your card is beautiful...WOW are my favourite to make as it takes away the time factor for choosing papers etc. Thanks for joining in our Anything Goes Challenge at LCI xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. very Beautiful creation, thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations this month and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your choice of image, beautiful details and the design too, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...