Monday, February 25, 2013

Dress Form

Good day my friends! I'm very exited to share my today's card. I used one of the Beccy's Place newest digi Dress Form. It is such a beautiful image. It comes with one pre-colored digi, one b&w line art and you also get a dress form without flowers.
 
Sentiment: "Happy birthday"

I love all the shabby chic cards I see in  others blogs, but this style is mystery to me. I don't know what shabby chic means. But I think it something with pastel colors, feminine, an old looking and shabby. I really don't know. Can someone please explain how one shabby chic card should look like :) Anyway, here is my first attempt to make card with this style. It probably not correct but I'm happy with it :)


This card goes to a special lady. She is almost blind. Sadly she can't see the beautiful stamp but I used lots of layers, dimension, pearls and fuzzy yarn, so hopefully she gets a slight idea about this card. Layer with dress form is popped up with foam tape and so is the dress form stand. Stand is covered with Glossy Accents. I'm going to improve the card and print out an extra layer of flowers and add them with foam tape too, then she can feel the flowers. I wish I thought about earlier...


Inside of the card is a pocket. I tied a little label to the pocket So everyone can sign it with their own hands. Edges of layers are distressed with scissors and after that I inked them with distress ink. The card base is actually white but I re-colored the edges with distress ink.


Materials Used:
Stamp: Beccy's Place - Dress Form
Papers: Rasberry Road Design - Circle of Friends Paper Set; white papers from my stash
Coloring: Promarkers
Inks: TH Distress inks - Tea Dye, Milled Lavender
Sentiments: Computer generated
Dies: Spellbinder - Standard Circles Larges, Classic Scalloped Circles Large, Decorative Labels One
Punches: Martha Stuart . 3 in 1 Classic Butterflies; Martha Stewart Edge Punch - Doily Lace
Embellishments: Ranger - Glossy Accents; Viva Decor Pearl Pen - Ice White; fuzzy yarn and lilac ribbon from my stash

I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Bearly Mine Challenges - Challenge 74 - Lace/ribbon/twine

 

Sentimental Sundays - Challenge 143 - Flowers, flowers and more flowers
Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog - Mother's Day/Special Lady
Joanna Sheen Challenge - Layer it up
 
Thank you for looking!
Hugs and smiles,
Eret

14 comments:

  1. Lovely card with such a beautiful image and great colours. Thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous Eret! Even though your friend may not be able to see it all that well, she'll know how much effort and love you put into it because she'll be able to feel all the layers and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love that dress form stamp and the inside of your card is stunning. Thank you for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin', Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Eret. I am no expert but I would say this is shabby chic at it's best! I Love the image, gorgeous colours and such beautiful detailing too.
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful card Eret. I'd say it was shabby chic, that's for sure. Really gorgeous, soft colours.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Joanna Sheen Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Eret. Beautiful papers and I love the image. I struggle with shabby chic but think you've done a wonderful example. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Eret love that digi. Definitely shabby chic. I struggle with this type of card too, you've done a fab job. The inside of card is beautiful
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous card, such a lovely vintage feel.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, inside and out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful :)
    Thanks for joining us Sentimental Sundays & Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super stylish card - it looks fabulous! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderfull creation. I love the punches and the colors you have used. Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...