Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Green Frog

Ups, I forgot to upload a card again. Oh, please, can someone give me a better memory...
I used Beccy's Place latest digi called Green Frog (I used pre-colored version of it). This is cutest frog ever!!! I wish our frogs look so adorable too. Don't you love the beginning of the spring then you hear frogs in the pond. I can't wait it :)

Sentiment: "Happy Birthday!"
I had so much fun making this card. Lots of inking, stamping and misting :) My table was a big mess but who cares... It was fun :) Background was inked with distress ink and script was stamped with the same ink. After that I misted the white paper with Tattered Angel mist while using die-cut leaves as mask. On the card front the beige sheet is popped up with foam tape.


I got smarter today :) Today, in Estonia, is Vastlapäev. I searched how to translate it to English and turned out that it is a Shrove Tuesday which is also known as Pancake Day. So happy Pancake Day everybody!
Today almost every Estonian eat pea soup, boiled pig feet and buns with whipped cream (vastlakukkel). The last two of them are actually very tasty (specially the last one). And we compete with each other who takes the longest ride down a slope on snow. Fun, fun, fun :)  In earlier times, it was strictly forbidden to work on that day, people visited and held a dance parties instead. I wonder why this tradition is gone...
Materials used:
Stamp: Beccy's Place - Green Frog; Viva Decor Silicone Stamp - Letters and Embellishments 
Papers: white papers from my stash
Coloring: Promarkers (leaves)
Inks: TH Distress inks - Faded Jeans; Tatterd Angel mist - Crushed shells
Sentiments: Computer generated
Dies: Spellbinder -  Standard Circles Larges; Marianne Design Creatables - LR0150 (leaves)
Embellishments: Ranger - Glossy Accents (on frog  eyes); loopy yarn from my stash;
 
I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Crafting When We Can Challenges - Challenge 37 - Card for boys 
Delightful Sketches - Think spring
  
Enjoy your day,
Hugs & smiles
Eret


6 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Eret. I love that frog and the layout and details are fabulous too.
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cute image in a lovely card.
    Well done Eret.
    Hugs,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh lovely design Eret, I will remind you next time we have to post lol...will email you...love annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card and design. Love all the spritzing and masking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Beautiful colors and layers - inside the card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Eret, the cut out for your image really adds interest to your card as do the green leaves and stencilled leaves on the background.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...