Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Lager birthday

Here's a post you didn't expect :) It has been so long time since I made a card without using any images from Design Teams. I have bunch of fantastic digi stamps waiting to be played with but somehow I haven't had time for this. On weekend I had to take time to make a birthday card to my brother. This Sassy Studio Design image was perfect :) I printed it out quite large so most of the card front is filled with it. Beer glasses are covered with Glossy Accents and foam is made with SnowMarker. I heated it with heat gun to buff it up. A little warning: if you want to use a heat gun near the Glossy Accent, don't, apply it after heating, unless you want little air bubbles in Glossy Accents. On my card, it was happy accident. I like tiny air bubbles on the glass. It makes my glass even more real (you can't see it on the photo, but it's really cool effect)


The round sentiment in front is freebie from Nettie's Cards blog. She has lots of beautiful sentiment digis. They all are in English but 'cause I needed one in Estonian, I changed the text. I also deleted lovely swirls. I thought they are a bit too girly for this card.
Inside of the card is also simple. On the right side I made a pocket for a gift card.

Materials used:
Stamp: Sassy Studio Design - Lager Pin-up Sassy
Coloring: Promarkers, Flexmarkers
Papers: Dovecraft - Funky vintage; Blue and white papers from my stash
Embellishments: Glossy Accents; Snow Marker; Twine from my stash

I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Inky Impressions Challenges - Challenge 101 - Blue for colon cancer awareness
Delightful Sketches - One for the boys 
Love To Create Challenge - Challenge 57 - Anything goes
OneCrazyStamperCom - Anything goes

Thank you for looking!
Enjoy the last day of this winter.
Hugs & smiles
Eret   

14 comments:

  1. Love the design of your card! Your coloring is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges!
    Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Eret, fabulous coloring and well planned layout as always. So happy to see you playing at Inky Impressions this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is beautiful. Love the design with the beer foam and gorgeous colouring. Thanks for playing at Inky Impressions and good luck.Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Eret. I love the image, your colouring is wonderful and the design is fabulous.
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sassy design just right for those men in our lives.. love the little tut on the effect of the beer and glass will be given this a try..
    Thank you for joining us this week at Anything Goes Challenge Blog! ! good luck in the draw.
    Hugs Tamara
    PS I have blog candy to give away on my blog Posh Cat Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS CARD! Love the image you used and the coloring is just amazing! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

    Mei
    LTC DT
    Creative Card Crew DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is fabulous. A stunning card. Thank you for joining us this week at LTC Challenge.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous birthday card! Love your happy accident - definitely want to try that and see what it looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome card! I LOVE the big image as the focal point! THANKS for joining us at Love to Create Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Chris
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Eret, I'm sure your brother is going to love it! Thanks for the tip about the glossy accents... I might give that a try myself!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Card! I Love this image!! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create's Anything Goes Challenge!! We can't wait to see what you'll create next time!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know a few people that would love that image, so fun. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card for a fella - let's face it we all know a bloke who likes the odd lager don't we?? LOL Love the effect on the beer glass too. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Ribbons this time.
    hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it!!! Great job on all the details.
    Cheers
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...