Monday, April 22, 2013

Animal Friends

Hello my friends! Hope you had lovely weekend. I'm so happy that spring is finally here. Snow is gone and ice drifted away from the river. It is so strange that Snowdrops, Spring Snowflakes and Hepatica are blooming in the same time. They are all beautiful, so better late then never :)
It is a new week, that means a new challenge at the Paper Makeup Stamps blog. This week it's all about Animal Friends. And don't forget to use a digi image on your project.


I used lovely Olive the Otter on my Birthday card. Image is colored with Promarkers and Flexmarkers. I also added stickles to the frosting of the cupcake and Glossy Accents to the heart shape cherry and Olive eyes and nose. Stickles are also added to the resin flower and panel behind otter. Resin flower was pale pink at first but I recolored it with Flexmarkers.
I made also made some faux stitches on the card. I made small holes with paper piercer and draw white wonky stitches with white gel pen.


I wanted to make a birthday card but after finishing, it looks a bit like Christmas card. I hope it's only me who thinks so. All the glitter and this frame die cut reminds me Christmas.  Oh boy... Snow just melted and I'm thinking already about Christmas. Bad thoughts, go away! I need sunshine, warm weather and lots of green around me and of course colorful flowers...

 
Inside of the card is very simple (at least this time I got it done). I clued the strip of the same designer paper inside and the same cupcake as Olive is holding in front of the card.
 
Materials used:
Stamps: Paper Makeup Stamps -
Olive the Otter

Coloring: Promarkers, Flexmarkers
Papers: CraftworksCard card base; KaiserKraft - Miss Nelly;
White and red papers from my stash.
Dies:
Spellbinders -
Standard Circles Larges; Memory Box -  Jasmine Frame; Nellie's Multi Frames - Border 2

Embellishments: 
Ranger Stickles - Crystal; Ranger - Glossy Accents; Resin flower from My Crafty Heart; Pergamano -white gel pen; twine from my stash


I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Cute Card Thursday - Challenge 265 - Cakewalk
Paula Holifield Crafts - Anything goes
Top Tip Tuesday - Challenge 99 - Say it isn't sew - no macine sewing
 
Thank you for your visit!
Hugs & smiles
Eret

16 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Love all the red and your coloring is fantastic. Love the faux stitching and the sparkly frosting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Eret! I love how you cropped the image and paired it with such cute papers!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome and adorable card...lovely image and papers...love annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Eret. Such a sweet image, fabulous colouring and beautiful detailing.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute card love this image not seen this one before! love it.... and love the faux sewing too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eret, Olive is adorable in this setting - such a delightful birthday card - inside and out - very pretty details, and I especially like the red and white theme - such sweetness! hugs, de
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card! Loved your color. So glad that you could join us at the Sparkle N Sprinkle challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for playing in our 'Make It Sparkle' Challenge #65!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, fabulous colours, great take on this weeks sketch. Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge this week.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty card, lovely papers and really cute image. thanks for joining in with us at Friday Sketch Challenge.
    Shirley xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your birthday card is lovely! I love the faux stitching and may have to try that. I have a sewing machine but the idea of pulling it out makes me tired lol. I am also sewing challenged. I was kicked out of sewing in high school because the teacher told me some woman just DONT sew.
    So thanks for the idea. Hope the sun keeps shining for you.
    Have a great week
    Hugs
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card ,thanks for joining CCT this week!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, love the stitching around the edge.
    Annette
    Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. An Edwardian lady in full dress was a wonder to behold, and her preparations for viewing were awesome.silks saree

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...