Monday, May 27, 2013

Dandy Wishes

Hello my darling friends. Mondays coming so fast. This week at the Paper Makeup Stamps Digi Makeover challenge is super easy theme: Anything Goes. So you don't have any excuse not to participate :) Well, almost any excuse. You have to use a digi image on your project.
 
 
I really love cards with embossed shadow stamped images. This technique is only reason why I love rubber stamps. But it is possible to make it with digi stamps too. I used Dandy Wishes digi set. First I changed black image to light green. Then I made another copy on top of it, colored it white and sifted a bit down and left. All it needs then was "inking" of the background to make the white image show better. For that I made a new layer below the digis and colored the background with soft brush. I think you need some kind of photo editing program for this technique. I used PhotoShop. After printing it looks like faux white embossed image. The green was a bit too light so I took a step forward. I colored the white image with Versamark pen and covered it with clear embossing powder. After heat setting it I took light green ink and added some more color to the background. Sadly the embossing is not seen on the photo but it looks reaslly cool.

Sentiment: Congratulations
The blue button was dark gray at first. I wanted to cover it with light blue embossing powder but the button melted while I was heating it. Although the EP looked really good on it :) Luckily I had one more button. I tried to color it with Promarker but it wasn't successful, button was to dark and the grey showed through too much under the blue. Then I took acrylic paint. Success! This color matches perfectly with card base. It's not waterproof color but hopefully no one don't stick my card under the water.
I should have use different pattern papers. It has too much green on it. But I had so much fun to make this card :)


Materials used:
Stamps: Paper Makeup Stamps - Dandy Wishes

Coloring: Flexmarkers (Chartouse on big gems); Jenny Bowlin paint dabber - Soap Powder (on the button); Light green Stabilo pen (stitchings)
Inks: Memento - Pear Tart
Papers: Cupcake cards & Crafts - Shabby Beautiful; White and blue papers from my stash
Dies: Memorybox - Pastry Labels
Embellishments:
Self Adhesive Rhinestones; Twine and button from my stash

I'd like to participate on following challenges:
BearlyMine Challenges - Anything goes
Perfect Sentiments Challenge - Challenge 80 - Anything goes with sentiment 28.5
Charisma Cardz - Challenge 20  - Here comes summer
Moving Along With the Times - Embossing
Totally Papercrafts - Challenge 168 - Button it up
Allsorts Challenge - Week 208 - Happy Birthday
Friday Sketch Challenge - Sketch 44 - Sketch

Thank you for looking!
Hugs & smiles
Eret

21 comments:

  1. Wow Eret, this looks so beautiful.
    So you see that the computer is also convenient to experience Cards
    Very well done.
    Hugs,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colours on this card Eret - I love this design hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, thanks for joining our special birthday challenge Allsorts, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions this week

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous. Love how you figured out how to achieve an embossed look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card. Love the image and layout. Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful card Eret, I really like the colours and the image and you're so clever how you work with them on your computer programme.

    Thanks so much to joining in with our Birthday celebrations at Allsorts.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Thank you for joining us at Bearly-Mine Challenge.

    Hugs Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! This is stunning Eret. I have never seen this effect achieved by using a digi image before, it looks wonderful. I love the colours and layout too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks beautiful, Eret! Now I need to get Photo Shop - I have not been able to change the colors in my regular software on my iMac. Your card is beautiful in every detail, and I love that it is digital! You inspired me to upload my latest endeavor to this challenge also. I have altered the digi image by cropping and cutting and pasting. I'll publish some time tomorrow. Eret, I always enjoy visiting your blog. Love how your techniques and styles show something new with each published post. Wonderful artwork, and a sweet blogging buddy, too! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! Glad that you didn't give up on the button. It really makes your card pop! Thanks for playing along with us at Perfect Sentiment this week. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome summery card!
    Thanks for joining us at charisma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fabulous card.. Thanks for joining us for this weeks challenge. Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiments


    Pam DT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card! I love the beautiful colors and design! Thanks so much for joining us at MAWTT!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for joining our fourth birthday celebrations at Allsorts Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had no idea you could do all that with digi stamps. Thanks for sharing your Photoshop steps-I will have to try it. Thank you for sharing it with us at The Perfect Sentiment Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How clever Eret I love what you've done with the digi.I could never do that. Love the green
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is absolutely beautiful Eret, and what a great way to use the digi stamp, thanks for the tip. I also love the colour combination you chose and the re-coloured button looks awesome!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love love love this. Love the soft colours and love the image... Thanks for sharing with us at Inky Impressions xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute and beautiful! This is exactly what I've been looking for a birthday wishes. One of the most special birthday cards in Allsorts challenge. Thumbs up to you!

    Cheers and hugs xxxx
    Alma
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...