Saturday, May 18, 2013

Spring birthday

Hello my sweet friends. I made three cards today. Well, they all was almost done but it still feels good to finish three cards in a day :) Here is one of them.
My friend asked to make a A5 card with a pocket for money. I really like this card and I wanted to make something similar. I just had to figure out where the pocket will go.

Sentiment: "Life is nothing without friends"
I had so much fun making it. I used lots of different die cuts and some punches. Earlier this week I got a package and all the goodies was packed inside of the dark pink crepe paper. I made some flowers out of this for my card. In center of them are light green pearls (even though they look gold on the photo). Soft lilac flowers are made with same die cuts. I used lacy border punch to make holes in petals edges. In center of them is two layers of white flower soft. First layer was colored with Soft Mauve Flexmarker and second layer was kept white. 
It's third time in today then thunder storm is going over my house. I unplugged all the electronic devises and also Internet. I'm glad I have laptop so I can write this post. It is a bit scary to sit under the window and watch the lightning. I hope it will pass soon. 

View with a pocket
Back to my card... I made a pocket inside of the Z flap. It was perfect place for that. I wouldn't like to leave it undecorated anyway :) To find a place for a pocket was easy. My main problem was there people will sign the card. It's going to have many signatures. This I thought that I will decorate the back side of the card too and people can put their names in there. But luckily before falling a sleep at night I came up with better idea. The poem inside of the card is attached with a brad so it can be moved and under that is a place for signatures. 


Materials used:
Papers: 12"x12" paper pack bought from Tiimari; White and cream papers from my stash; pink crepe paper - recycled
Inks: TH Distress Inks - Tea Dye (edges of pattern paper), Milled Lavender (on die cuts and punches), Pine Needle (rose leaves); Memento - Pear Dart (rose leaves)
Coloring: Meadow Green Promarker (Flourishes), Soft Mauve Flexmarker (flower centers)
Punches: MS - 3in1 butterflies, Doily lace edge punch; Heyda flower border
Dies: Spellbinder - Floral Ovals, Rose Creations, Foliage, Radiant Rectangles, Fantastic Flourish Two; Cheery Lynn Designs - Fanciful Flourish Right
Embellishments: Viva Decor pearl pen - Ice White; Dovecrafts brads - Perry; Melissa Frances - Pearls

I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Love To Create Challenge - Challenge 65 - Flowers 
LEJ Designsc Challenge Blog - Challenge 53 - Borders and/or corners
Bearly Mine Challenges - Challenge 86 - Lucky dip (die cuts, flowers, pearls) 
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges - Challenge 171 - Your favorite embellishments (pearls, flowers)
Simon Says Stamps Challenge - Flower power 
Delightful Sketches - Bingo  (pattern paper, die cut, flowers)
Chocolate, Coffee, Cards - Challenge 39 - Use a number
PolkaDoodle - Week 20 - Spring colors/ pastels 


It has been quiet outside. I think storm is over for now. I'm going to switch Internet back on so I can upload my post. See you on Monday.
  
Thank you for looking!
Have a lovely weekend!
Hugs & smiles
Eret 

19 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, love your flowers...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Love the layout and you swing piece, very nice! An so glad you were able to get three cards done in one day, WTG! SO happy to have you join us at CC&CC! Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an innovative, magnificent card, Eret! LOVE all the die cuts, and the pretty colors. But I am most taken by your use of the flourish leaves in the front. I have trouble knowing how to combine die cuts, and more than one style of flower and leaf. You have done this so beautifully - the combination is beyond gorgeous - I really like it a lot! And the pretty frame around you ornate oval cut. Your friend must be so pleased! (congratulations on finishing three cards today. That is a LOT~!) hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! Thanks for joining at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges: Use A Number
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card, very detailed. Great idea to have room for signatures underneath the sentiment inside! Thank you for playing along with us @ Delightful Challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Eret, beautiful colours and design..Thank you for joining us at Bearly-Mine Challenge this week and hope we see you again soon. Good Luck..Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful card - I love all your embellishments and the distressing.
    Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine this week and hope to see you again soon.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is absolutely beautiful Eret, and very clever too. I love the swinging sentiment frame that reveals all the signatures and the pocket for the money is a great idea!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, so soft and feminin. Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really beautiful card Eret so feminine
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card and layout thanks for joining us at CC&CC good luck cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! This is stunning Eret. I love the design. pretty colours and such gorgeous detailing. I especially like the flowers.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card, fabulous fold and great embellishing!Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at the LEJ Designs challenge #53.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for joining the LEJ Designs Challenge #53 - Borders and/or Corners over on our blog.

    WOW WOW WOW This is absolutely gorgeous. Such pretty pastel colours and all the different diecuts make this card amazing. The gorgeous large corner on the inside and that beautiful outer border look stunning. The embellishments look stunning and this card looks so professional.

    I hope you will join us for more of our weekly challenges. There are always gorgeous LEJ Designs images up for grabs as well as extras from our sponcers.

    Hugs Lisa xxxxxx LEJ DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Eret, so elegant and pretty and I love the gorgeous flowers.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely floral card you have made here which fits perfectly the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week of “lace”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles!! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...