Monday, September 16, 2013

104

Hello my friends! I'd like to share with you a card I made for a very special lady for her 104 birthday. Wow! Isn't it amazing number! I feel so honoured to make a card for her. 
We have very lovely tradition at work to congratulate our elder citizens, living in our small parish, on their magnificent birthdays. They usually get store bought card signed by our mayor and flowers. Then I saw list of September birthdays I knew that there is one person who must get handmade card.

I love white cards but somehow I'm not able to capture them on photos properly (I have on white on white wedding card I haven't shared because of it). I think you just have to believe, then I say, this card is much prettier on real. I used some of my favorite dies on this card. The rose is made with Rose Creations die cuts. I inked the edges with light green ink and added some stickles. All numbers, flourishes and butterflies are covered with stickles.

Inside of the card
There is a pocket in inside of the card. On the left side is a place for a good wishes and for a signature. I blurred it on the photo to keep the privacy of a Birthday child.

Materials used:
Inks: TH Distress ink - Tea Dye; Memento - Pear Tart
Papers:  First Edition - Floral Pavilion; White paper from my stash
Dies: Spellbinders - Radiant Rectangles, Rose Creations; Cheery Lynn Die - Mini Dimensional Butterflies with Angel Wings, Fanciful Flourish Right; Memory Box Dies - Classic Numbers
Punches: Martha Stewart - Doily Lace
Embellishments: Viva Decor Pearl Pen - Ice White;
Ranger Stickles - Diamond

 
I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Charisma Cardz - Your nuber is up 18.9
Scribble and Scrap Crafts - Anything goes 27.9
Addicted to Stamps Challenge - 1,2,3 tell us what it is (1 flower, 2 butterflies, 3 numbers) 28.9
That Craft Place Blog - Things with wings 28.9
Sparkles Forum Challenges - Fairies and/or butterflies 14.10


Thank you for your visit!
Hugs & smiles
Eret

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Eret...and such an honor to make one for such a special lady! I'm sure she will love it.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble & Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Eret. I'm sure she'll love it what a great way to celebrate the birthdays of the older residents of your parish
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is stunning Eret. I love the design, gorgeous colours and such a beautiful flower. A special card for a very special occasion.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Love the colors - very elegant

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and thoughtful person you are to make this special card. My impression of this card is delightful, fresh and presentable for someone that age...wow, my dad will be 101 in January...love and a hug to the special lady and to you for making this card.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. 104, how amazing and how incredibly thoughtful of you to make such a lovely card for her. Beautiful colours and LO, love the little butterflies too. Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkles this month, good luck and see you again next time.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same problems taking photos Eret, either the colours is not right or otherwise they look a strange shape - how is it that square cards never look that way.

    I really like the colours on this one and that rose is just beautiful and the inside decorated so nicely as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card for an amazing birth date. I know she will adore it. Love your colors and your rose is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is amazing.
    Your card is very beautiful for the special lady of 104 years old.
    It looks really lovely.
    Hugs,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a special card, and so LOVELY - and peaceful. Just beautiful with the layers of whites and pretty chartreuse. Your designs are always a delight, and I enjoy reading each of your posts, Eret. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful card for such a fabulous celebration! Wow 104 we don't see that a lot. I really love the fresh green with the white! You always make such pretty cards.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Scribbles and Scrap challenge. Hope you will join us next time. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card & 104 Wow we don't see that a lot. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow 104!!!! Gorgeous card Im sure she'll be over the moon with it. Thanks for joining us at That Craft Challenge.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, amazing 104!!!
    Thanks Eret for visiting me and leaving good wishes.
    Hugs,
    Ardilla :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card!
    Thank you for joining us at Sparkles, hope to see you again and good luck in the draw
    Shaz DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...