Monday, September 9, 2013

Apples to Apples

Hello my sweet friends. This week at the Paper Makeup Stamps Digi Makeover challenge blog is most fantastic theme ever: Make your own background. I love making my own background papers, either digital or inks and stamps, it's always so much fun.
PMS has one fantastic stamp set that haven't got any attention from me. It's called Apples to Apples set. It has lots of apples and lovely sentiments on it.
For a main image I printed one apple out and colored it with Promarkes.


For background papers I used two apples. They both are colored digitally in PhotoShop. I made several copies of them, resized and turned them around to make my paper. I also added digitally drawn stitching around the border. For the chevron paper I used Chevron Overlay from Pixel Scrapper. After printing the papers I distressed the edges with scissors.
On to the chevron paper I added some sparkle with Gelly Roll pen. I draw a line and rubbed it while it was still wet. That way it has a very subtle shine. I like this effect. I also cut out three little apples and glued them on top of the banner.


The last two cards I made for MPS, I didn't decorate the inside. This time I wanted to correct my mistake and decorated both sides in the inside. On the left is a pocket for a gift card or money.  And on the right is a place to write a sentiment and good wishes.


Now to the bad part. I'm so sad today. This card is the last card I made as a Paper Makeup Stamps Design Team member. I have to move on and face the new challenges. PMS was my first design team, I'm very honoured I was able to craft with these gorgeous digi stamps and  with this fabulous and talented team.  It was fantastic time, I enjoyed every minute of it.
Thank you, Michelle, for asking me to join with PMS team! Thank you, Katie, for a chance to play with your gorgeous digis! Thank you, Michelle and Emily, for coordinating us! And big thanks to all talented ladies in our team. You all were so kind and nice to me. I'm going to miss playing with you.
 
Materials used:
Stamps: Paper Makeup Stamps - Apples to Apples digi set
Coloring: Promarkers
Inks: TH Distress Ink - Pine Needle
Papers: Pattern paper with apples made by me; White and red papers from my stash
Dies:
Spellbinders - Standard Circles Larges, Classic Scalloped Circles Large
Embellishments: Twine and button from my stash; Gelly Roll - Clear Star
 
I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Bearly Mine Challenges - Anything goes 9.9
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges - Opposite attract (red, green) 10.9
Sweet Stop Sketches - Sketch 13.9
Addicted to Stamps Challenge - Anything goes 14.9
Thank you for your visit!
Hugs & smiles
Eret

18 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and this challenge is right up your alley. I know how you love making your own papers and this one is fabulous too. I know PMS is sad to see you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a very seasonal card Eret with all the apples ripe for picking, nice bright colours and perfectly coordinated as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! This is stunning Eret. Your colouring of the apple is amazing and I love the yoau you have created the perfect matching papers. A really wonderful design.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Eret! Lovely coloring of the apple and fabulous gift card design. Thanks for joining The Sweet Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card and love those apples, awesome job on the background.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card and love those apples, awesome job on the background.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card, great colours, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! Love the result of your background.
    You will be missed in our little group.
    Eret, I will be coming back as I am a follower of yours.
    Hugs,
    Ardilla :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful background you made Eret.
    Your card looks great! Full of details! It is so pretty!
    I'm gonna mis you in are team.
    See you next time in blogland.
    Hugs,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous card. Love the rosy apple and the lovely bright papers. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card and image. Lovely gift idea - Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky.

    Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful Eret you are so talented I have just bought Photoshop Elements and I'm having trouble finding my way round let alone colour anything
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. yummy, Eret! What a great idea with designing your own apple DP! Love how tightly together the apple halves are! And your promarker coloring is beautiful. Lovely card on the inside, too! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy! This is such a great card--you could use it for fall or for a teacher! So glad you chose this week's sketch at The Sweet Stop!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Eret for your continual support, it means a lot.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love this card Eret! Your creations are always so stunning! Never would have guessed that the stitching was digital...totally fooled me :) Really going to miss having you on the PMS team, but I will continue to visit and see the lovely things you make!!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely card, beautiful colours!
    Thanks for joining the Anything goes challenge at ATSC!
    Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow ! I am amazed ! I love this card , everything about it ! The background, the details of different apples, the way you colored the apple on the front ! Your card is stunning ! I am your newest follower !

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...