Sunday, September 1, 2013

Poppy Inspired

Hello my friends! Oh boy, I can't believe it's already September. I wish it would be June again and summer would start all over. This month at Stamping Sensation we have perfect theme to look back to the summer: Poppy Inspired. Here is also a photo you can take inspiration from. Isn't it lovely!


I made few post-it notes covers and did some water coloring with felt-pens. It was my number one coloring technique before I tried Promarkers. I still love it! It's really easy. You just have to scribble with water base felt pen to acetate, pick up color from there with water-brush and start coloring.


 I made3 different style for post-it notes covers with 4 different design.

Style 1
Sentiment: May you always have someone to share your joys and sorrows!
 On front of the red covers some flowers are popped up with foam tape.

Inside

Sentiment: Most beautiful moments in life often come as  surprise

Style 3
These was my two little poppy inspired projects. Go over to Stamping Sensation blog to see more stunning projects and to get all the instructions how to participate on the challenge. As always, there is awesome prize for the winner. Our sponsor is Stamps by Chloe. You can win this fantastic prize: 


All these poppies made me think summer. And one thing that goes with summer are cornflowers. They are my favorite flowers. I couldn't resist not to make some post-it notes covers with them.

Style 2 on left,  Style 1 on right

Inside of style 1

I like the covers with cornflower and easel stand most. I also made little guide how you can make similar projects. Here is a link. It is in cm and works with 75mm x 75mm post-it notes. 

Materials used:
Stamps: Poppies from  Supercoloring; Cornflower from Squidoo; I couldn't find a link to poppies digi on first cover. The file name in my computer says it'd from Scrapbook Stamp Society
Coloring: Carioca water base felt pens
Inks:  Memento - Pear Tart; TH Distress Inks - Pine Needle, Faded Jeans, Broken China
Papers: Red, blue, green, brown, and water color papers  from my stash
Punches: dbCraft - border punch
Embellishments: Pergamano White Gel Pen for stitch lines; White twine from stash

I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Bearly Mine Challenges - Digi Days 2.9
Simon Says Stamp Blog - Anything goes 3.9
Pattie's Creations Challenge - Anything goes
Delicious Doodles Challenge - Anything floral 5.9
Totally Paper CraftS - Decopage 5.9
Addicted to Stamps Challenge - Anything goes 14.9


Thank you for your visit!
Hugs & smiles
Eret

16 comments:

  1. It would be nice if summer was still to come wouldn't it Eret, whilst I love all the beautiful Autumnal colours it also meant winter is next and I am not so keen.

    Your post it note packs are so pretty and anyone would love to have them on their desk. to brighten their day - especially good in winter.

    I hope you have a lovely Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moonid ja rukkililled ja üldse kõik põllulilled on ka minu lemmikud! Imeilusad märkmepaberihoidjad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Eret! These are wonderful! I will definitely have a go at making some myself. The easel design is gorgeous! Stunning makes xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous!! Love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! These are wonderful Eret. I really love the designs, gorgeous images and such beautiful colouring too. Thank you for the inspiration
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ALL of your Post-it covers, Eret, but especially the easel design! Like Sally, I must have a go at making some. What lovely gifts they would make!

    Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Thanks for playing in our "Anything Goes" Challenge #74!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards and love the colours used. Thanks for birthday greetings, it was a great day.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards and love the colours used. Thanks for birthday greetings, it was a great day.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eret these are truly gorgeous, I love them all and such beautiful colouring too.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elegant, pretty, fun gifts, Eret. Such vibrantly rich colors, and beautiful flowers (my favorite images are the floral images). These will be cherished by the recipients! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Gifts, Eret, love them, thank you for playing along with us at Delicious Doodles this week, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your projects are absolutely beautiful Eret, I especially like the poppies, you coloured them perfectly!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful Eret - stunning designs.
    Thanks for playing along at TPC this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are beautiful note books Eret! They are so elegant and make a lovely gift. Thanks for joining our anything goes challenge at ATSC. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Post-it Notes holders are beautiful Eret, I love the Poppy and Cornflower images with different colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...