Saturday, October 26, 2013

Poinsettia

Hello my darling friends! It finally happened - I'm in a Christmas card mode. It was hard to start and I now I can't stop. Thanks to SNS I have lots of wonderful stamps to play with. You can select your own Christmas stamps from Sparkle N Sprinkle shop.
On my today's card I used Holiday Foliage by Rosiland Solomon. But before coming to her lovely stamps, few words about the background.
Golden layer is simple. Just cover edges with Versamark ink, sprinkle Gold Detail EP on top of it, tap off the excess and heat it with heat gun. To make the burgundy layer I used EP with embossing folder technique. Watch the tutorial in here. I used  doGraft - A Silent Night Ornate Background embossing folder and Burgundy EP.
After adhering burgundy layer on top of the golden layer I wrapped a ribbon around them. This panel is attached to the card base with foam tape.


For the sentiment layer I made a frame out of white paper with Spellbinder Label One dies. I inked the frame with Versamark and heat embossed it with Gold Detail EP. I inked the edges of the left over die cut with VersaMark again and heat embossed with Burgundy EP. Fantastic thing about SNS stamp sets is that they come with sentiments. I used one from the set, stamped it with Versamark and heat embossed with Gold Detail EP.


I absolutely love dimensional flowers. Then I saw this beautiful flower stamp, I knew I have to make it dimensional. I stamped 5 flowers to the white paper. It took some time to figure it out what petals will be on one layer. Next time I won't try to save the paper and stamp entire flowers as many time I need in same direction. That way it would be much easier to mark off the petals I don't need. We live and learn...


After coloring flowers with Promarkers I fuzzy cut them out, each layer smaller then other. To assemble them I used small amount of glue in center of each layer. After glue was dry, I used small foam squares under the petals to pop them up.


Diamond Dust glitter on the poinsettia is adhered with Sakura Glue Pen.


Here is on more photo to show the dimension of the flower and close up from burgundy EP. I like that it is a mix of different colors.


Materials used:
Stamps: SNS Holiday Foliage

SNS Embossing powders: Gold Detail EP168, Burgundy Embossing Powder EP117
SNS Glitters:
Diamond Dust G1116
Coloring: Promarkers
Inks: Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black; VersaMark
Embossing: doGraft - A Silent Night Ornate Background

Papers: White papers from my stash
Dies: Spellbinders - Labels one SM

Embellishments: Ribbon from my stash

I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Addicted to Stamps Challenge - Christmas is coming 26.10 
Promarker Challenge - Give me a 'P' (Poinsettia) 28.10 
Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges - Holiday or Christmas card 7.11 
Crafty Hands - Anything goes 8.11 
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Ribbon 12.11 
Christmas Inspirations - Poinsettia 14.11

Thank you for your visit!
Hugs & smiles
Eret

19 comments:

  1. WOW! I love everything on your stunning card Eret. The poinsettia looks fantastic, the background and sentiment are so beautiful and all the sparkle looks wonderful too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Eret! I LOVE it very much! Gorgeous colours and fabulous detail x

    ReplyDelete
  3. C & P still going on here, but wanted to check out your lovely card.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Card, everything on the card are beautiful! I like what you did with the Poinsettia! Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4funchallenges.
    Have a great weekend!
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is so beautiful. I like that poinsettia stamps.
    Well done Eret.
    Hugs,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous and your poinsettia is just perfect! Thanks for joining at Christmas Inspirations challenges. I hope you will play again next challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous make, love the colours.

    Thank you for joining us at CraftyHands Challenge Blog.

    Moira DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love poinsettias and yours is just fabulous, love the dimension to it and the embossing is fantastic.
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges
    Barbara DT
    http://barbgreenberg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card Eret, I love the poinsettia! You did a fantastic job cutting the petals of the flower and popping them up. I also love the diamond dust glitter, it really makes the card something extra special.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  10. fab card, love the big poinsettia
    thanks for playing with us at addicted to stamps
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful and sparkly! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful and stunning Eret !!! I am so glad you joined us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges !! I hope you join us again , I love your beautiful cards !

    Mayra
    MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful - your poinsettia is just glorious! Thanks for joining in my P challenge at Passion for Promarkers! Hugs, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card with gorgeous details. Thanks for joining in our Give Us a P challenge at Passion for Promarkers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Eret - how gorgeous this is! Love the vibrant colors and sparkle. Your background is so pretty with wonderful texture! Pretty gold embossed frame and red cording. Love it! huggers, de (who appreciates deeply your beautiful photographs)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is just so beautiful Eret love the poinsetta
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay, Christmas cards :-) I love this Eret, the poinsettia is wonderful. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Look at that flower! Absolutely gorgeous!! I'm just starting to get into Christmas card mode...always behind on that it seems :)
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful thanks so much for joining us at Bunnyzoes this month
    hugs sara x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...