Saturday, December 28, 2013

Blue Poinsettia

Hello my darling friends. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones. As the last card of this year I show you a blue card.


I stamped 5 poinsettias to a vellum with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Silver Detail EP. All flowers was fussy cut, each flower smaller then other. I inked the back side of the flower petals with TH Broken China Distress ink (leaves was left without ink). After inking the flowers they looked too dark. I was too lazy to re-make them so I thought I'll try remove some color with damp clothes. It worked and it curled the petals in, so I placed them under the acrylic block to dry a bit. It gives so fun effect to vellum flower.


I used Mega Tack Glue in center of each layer to assemble the flower. Even though I didn't use any foam tape, the flower looks amazingly dimensional. I have to admit that it is quite difficult to glue the flower together - layers are stubborn. But it's all worth it.


The sentiment is from Christmas Holly set. It is stamped with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Detail Silver EP.  I draw an oval around it and cut it out. Edges are inked with Broken China Distress ink. Detail Silver EP is also used on the matting layers. I cut another oval slightly larger then sentiment layer, covered the edges with  Versamark ink and heat embossed.


On the background layer I used technique that I haven't tried yet - Glittered Lacy Backgrounds. I wish you could see it on real. The sparkle is amazing. I took a piece of Sticker Paper covered it with lace (the first one I grabbed from the bag was with poinsettias, it was perfect) and poured Crystal Ice glitter on top. After making sure that glitter is adhered I removed the lace and covered rest of the Sticker Sheet with Waterfall glitter. Edges are inked with Broken China Distress ink and matting layer is heat embossed with Detail Silver EP.


Here's another close-up view of the background.


Materials used:
SNS Stamps: Holiday Foliage (Stamp Set #475); Christmas Holly (Stamp Set #507)
SNS Embossing powders: 
 Silver Detail (EP257)
SNS Glitters:
Crystal Ice (G1058); Waterfall (G1071)
Adhesives: Mega Tack Glue (545);  Sticker Paper  (#99558)
Inks: VersaMark Ink (99702); Tim Holtz Distress Ink -  Broken China
Papers: White cardstock
Embellishments: Ribbon, Small Rhinestones 


Thank you for the visit! 
Have a fantastic New Years Eve!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret
I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Sentimental Sunday - Anything X-mas goes w sentiment 28.12
OneCrazyStamper.com -  Winter/Holiday 29.12
Emerald Faerie - Christmas 31.12
Feeling Crafty Challenge - Christmas 31.12
 Scribble and Scrap Crafts - Anything goes 3.1

That Craft Place Blog - Anything goes 4.1

Simon Says Stamp Blog - Bling it on 1.01
Milk Coffee Challenge - Any Christmas creation 1.01

Cute Card Thursday - Anything goes 1.1
Crafts 4 Eternity - Something new 2.1 (new technique)
Crafty Hands - Christmas Greetings/Winter theme 3.01
Bearly Mine Challenges - Anything goes 7.01
Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges - Anything goes 9.1



20 comments:

  1. WOW! This is stunning Eret. I love the layered vellum poinsettia and the glittered lacy background looks amazing.
    I hope you had a good Christmas and I wish you a Happy New Year.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eret, I love your card!!! It is so beautiful and I just love the background paper. I used that technique all the time pictures do not show just how beautiful it really is!! Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Eret :-) the poinsettia is stunning, the shaped petals and delicate colours are fab :-)

    Wishing you a Very Happy New Year and thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Eret! This is so beautiful! I love the stamp and it looks so effective on vellum. I have a penny black stamp that is similar, but bigger. I must dig it out and have a go for next year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Eret. I have just read your story and i think you are amazing to create something so beautiful. When I get back to South Africa after my holiday I am going to give your background technique a try. Hope you have a wonderful 2014. Hugs, Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eret, this is so elegant and gorgeous - truly magical! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Eret, wonderful display and have a great new year.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous creation. Love the silver and blue combination!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this looks amazing! That poinsettia was well worth the effort you put in to make it. Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning!! A beautiful card
    Thanks for playing along with That Craft Place
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is gorgeous! So elegant! Thanks for playing along with the current CraftyHands challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning !!!! I mean every single detail is stunning , the colors , the poinsettia , everything !!!! This is so beautiful !!! Love it all !!

    hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful creation! A lot of work gone into your card. for which it shows - just gorgeous!

    Thank you for sharing with us over at Feeling Crafty Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Eret! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week Happy New Year! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just stunning Eret! And what a clever background technique! :)
    Happy new year!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card!
    thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card must look amazing IRL! I've tried this background technique and you are right, it gives fantastic results. Your flower is very beautiful too. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This really is a stunner, Eret! Bet it looks incredible in real life!

    Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...