Saturday, January 25, 2014

Rocco with Roses

Hello my sweet friends. I'm sorry I have been so quiet again. I'm too busy to make cards. I love card making much more than writing a blog post about them :) I probably not only one, right?


Here is a card I made with lovely Rocco. He is so darling. I like cards with different folds. This time I made simple step card. All golden matting layers are made with SNS Gold Detail embossing powder. I covered edges of the white cardstock with Versamark ink and heat embossed with golden EP. Big flourish die cut is cut in two to decorate my card.

Rocco is colored with Promarkers. If you are interested how I made the golden splatters around the image, take a look my SNS post here. It's really fun to make them and I love the effect they give. Donna named this as Faux Montage Style Embossing Powder Splatters. Thank you, Donna!


For the background I used piece of pattern paper. I stamped the big flourish with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Golden Detail EP. Because the rose on pattern papers is covered with spot UV some EP stick to it even though I used Anti-Static Bag.  For a second I was upset and reached for new paper but then I started to like it. The crackle effect on the rose and tiny EP sprinkles was nice together. I added some extra embossing powder splatters to the corners as well.


Materials used:
Rocco with Roses Stamp Set #527
FlourishesOne Stamp Set #516
VersaMarkPad 712353310018
First Edition Papers - Rose Garden
Burgundy and white cardstocks
Spellbinder - Standard Circles Large
Cheery Lynn Design - Fanciful Flourish Right
Promarkers, Flexmarkers

I'd like to participate in following challenges: 
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges - All about words 28.1
OneCrazyStamper.com - Anything goes 29.1

Cute Card Thursday - So sweet 29.1
Beccy's Place - Anything goes w Beccy's image 30.1
Polka Doodle - Anything goes Birthday 30.1 
Scribble and Scrap Crafts - Anythinng goes 31.1

Thank you for the visit.
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful card as usual Eret and the gold and deep red look lovely together and compliment the rose so well.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eret, I love unusual folds on cards too. This one is wonderful. Hope you are having a great weekend. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card - love the step cards too - awesome coloring job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Love the fold and gold splatters. Thanks for creating a tutorial about how you created them too. Your'e not the only one who prefers making the cards to writing about them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous Eret. You have coloured that sweet image so beautifully. I love your design and fabulous detailing.
    Take care
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card! I love the image and I agree that the added embossing splatters are a bonus to the card! Thanks for joining in with the Fab 'n' Funky challenge this week. Good luck! Kates x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the step card fold, all the embossing (blobs included!). Great colors too Eret - all round awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great card agree with you the embossing looks great and gives a vintage feel to the rose thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Eret, what a great job you did colouring Rocco. I love the gold you added around the edges of the cardstock and on the stamping, it really gives the cards a classy look. The patterned paper you used in the background is gorgeous too.
    I clicked on the link to see how you created those wonderful gold spatters... you're very clever. Thanks for sharing the instructions.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card Eret! the image is so nicely coloured, and I love the red and gold together. the gold embossing is amazing! I've visited the Sparkle and Sprinkle blog for the gold splatter tutorial, I might try it soon! Thank you for joining us in our always anything goes challenge at Scribble and Scrap !
    Mirella DK
    DT Scribble and Scrap Challenge (Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A cute card. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute and lovely card! I also like the step fold. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute and very beautiful.
    Great job !
    Hugs,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday.
    Anjie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a WONDERFUL card using Rocco, Eret! You have captured him beautifully. The promarkers did a fabulous job of shading - you always shade your images so well (I need to come color with you and learn how). Darling card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is another stunning card Eret ! Beautiful color combination, and layers !

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, this card is beautiful. You can see how hard you have worked to create such a wonderful work of art :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, this card is beautiful. You can see how hard you have worked to create such a wonderful work of art :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...