Saturday, March 8, 2014

Iris Frame

Hello my friends! Today I'd like to share with you a card made with Irish Frame. It's a new stamp set revealed on March 1st. On my Tri-fold card I used same stamp in two different ways.


For the card front I covered piece of Sticker Paper with Daisy Velvet Glitter. After burnishing the glitter in and brushing off the excess glitter, I stamped the Irish Frame with Memento Tuxedo black on top of glitter. Image was colored with Promarkers. 


To keep my Tri-fold card closed I made a fun little lock to it. Strip of cardstock is glued to the back side of the card. Rest of the strip will tuck nicely behind the band hidden with the butterfly. I apologize my bad English. I hope the following picture will help you understand what I'm talking about.

Card closed with a "lock"/ side view of the lock band
I cut a window in to the card front. This lovely butterfly on the card front is punched out from the Sticker Paper and covered with Lacy Lilac Glitter.


The second flap I stamped the frame with Versamark ink to the purple cardstock. But because this stamp is wider then my cardstock I masked both edges of the CS before stamping.After covering the stamped image with White Detail embossing powder and removing the mask I heated the powder until it melted. Then I took my Versamarker pen and ruler and draw the missing frame lines. They was also heat embossed with White Detail embossing powder.
Flowers was colored with Sakura Glue Pen and covered with Daisy Velvet glitter. Same glitter is also on the butterfly, punched from Sticker Paper.


Sentiment is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink to the white cardstock. I added Dimensional Glue all around the edges and covered glue with Daisy Velvet Glitter. I also made some small dots to it with Sakura Glue Pen, they are covered with same Daisy Glitter. Sentiment is popped up with foam tape.


On the following photo you can get a better idea about this card.


I really should star checking how the photos came out before sending the cards away :) The photo of the inside was too foggy, so you just have to accept the close up of the top-right corner. I made the inside panel same way as the sentiment layer: Dimensional Glue is added all around the edges and covered with Daisy  Glitter. Small dots are made with Sakura Glue Pen and I covered them with Daisy Glitter again. Small butterfly is punched out of Sticker Paper and covered with Lacy Lilac Glitter.
If your sharp eye has noticed dark edge around the White CS layer, what's because I took an Aubergine Promarker and run it against all sided to mimic the the border of the Iris Frame stamp. 


You can find full directions how to make this card in the SNS Gallery here.
This is it for today. Hope you are having a lovely weekend! And happy International Women's Day to all of you.

Materials used:
Stamp Credit: Iris Frame Stamp Set #532;
Embossing Powders: White Detail (EP298);
Glitters:  Daisy Velvet Glitter (GM2019), Lacy Lilac (G1003);
Adhesieves: Mega Tack Glue (545), Sakura Glue Pen (053482384809), SNS Dimensional Glue (539), 1/4" Double Sided"Tear-ific" Tape (SAT01), Sticker Paper (99558), Foam Tape;
Inks: VersaMark Pad (712353310018), Versamarker pen (9956), Memento - Tuxedo Black (712353259003);
Dies: Spellbinder - Standard Circles,  Star Circles, Memory Box - Fabulous Phlox;

Punches: Martha Stewart – 3 in 1 Butterflies
Papers:  White and Purple cardstock;
Coloring: Promarkers;
Other supplies:  Viva Decor Pearl Pen - Ice White

 I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Passion for Promarkers - Flowers w promarkers 10.3
I Love Promarkers - One for the girls w Promarkers 11.3
Milk Coffee Challenge - emboss it 12.3
Scribble and Scrap Crafts - Anything goes 14.3

That Craft Place Blog - Anything goes 15.3
Crafting for All Seasons - Spring into spring 17.3 

Thank you for the visit.

Hugs & smiles,

Eret

15 comments:

  1. super card - love that image - fabulous glittery gorgeousness and the colour combo is brilliant! Brilliant inside and out. Thanks for joining us at that craft place this fortnight. Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fold and the image is perfect for it. I especially love the little "lock" closure - perfect finishing touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. You card is lovely Eret and from what you say I imagine it has a lovely tactile feel to it, great fresh Spring colours as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. good morning, Eret! One of your amazing creations for sure! Each time I see your card, I think,"It cannot get any prettier", and then the next card design appears. This is beautiful! Love the vibrant colors, sparkle and most especially, the inverted coloring on the different panels. Gorgeous! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Eret love it
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Fabulous fold and love the reversal of colors. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Eret, what a fabulous card! It's so strange, I have been using the same technique with the double-sided adhesive paper and microbeads to cover my background paper this week. I love the whimsical shamrocks and what a great layout too. Hope you are having a great weekend. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty with wonderful details! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is such a pretty card! I love all the great techniques you used to achieve this look! the lock with the butterfly is so clever, love it, and it adds a really nice touch to the front of the card! Thank you so much for joining us in our Always anything goes challenge at Scribble and Scrap !
    Mirella DK
    DT Scribble and Scrap Challenge (Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Eret!
    Thanks for playing at CFAS this time!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great work, Thanks for joining in at Milkcoffee this time, Lou DT x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Eret,
    This looks so wonderful. Such a lovely image & I love the colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us over at Crafting For All Seasons, Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous design and colors my friend !!! I love everything about this lovely card !!

    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...