Saturday, April 26, 2014

A Winter Cardinal frame

Hello my Friends! I haven't been able to make any winter card this year but then I saw all those beautiful cards my SNS teamies made with this lovely Winter Cardinal I just had to ink him up and make a card. I was bored with regular cards so i had to something different. I was inspired by the card I saw on the Creative Expressions - Spellbinder Radiant Rectangle Box Frame. They have fantastic step by step instructions but I made my project a bit differently. HERE is a tutorial for my box frame.


I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored it with Promarkers and Flexmarkers. After coloring I added Sakura Glue pen to the pine needles and covered it with Elegant Emerald Glitter. Image is fussy cut with scissors. I left a narrow white border all around. But before cutting I glued thin copy paper to the back side of the image to hide the color which was bleed through the cardstock. Although I talk first about the bird, it is attached to my project last. I used two layers of foam tape to keep it in place.

 
Before making the box for the frame I stamped the sentiment with Versamark Ink and heat embossed it with Clear Detail EP. Then I used Artcoe masking fluid to mask off some falling snow. A also used some scrap piece of copy paper to make a snow hill mask. After the fluid was dry I inked everything with  Faded Jeans  Broken China Distress Inks. Then I rubbed off the masking fluid and removed the snow hill mask. Snow hills are painted with Brushable Glue and I added Twinkling Clouds SS on top. 
The frame is covered with Versamark Ink and heat embossed with stunning Blue Silver EP. To cover up the cap between the box and the frame I used Mega Tack Glue to adhere the white fuzzy yarn and pearl string on top.



My dimensional tree is die cut out of white cardstock which was covered with 2 1/2" Tear-ific tape. Because the die I used wasn't symmetrical I die-cut one tree from the right side (covered with tape) and for the second tree I placed the die facing the back side of the CS. Then I removed protective sheets from both die-cuts and covered the tape with Twinkling Clouds Sparkle N Soft. Then I folded both trees from the center line and glued half of them together. After the tree was attached inside of the box I added Dimensional glue to it's branches and sprinkled Diamond Dust glitter on top.


This is how the back side of the frame looks like. I also made an easel to help the frame stand up.
 

And here is the side view.

Materials used:
Stamp Credit: A Winter Cardinal Stamp Set 518
Embossing Powders: ClearDetail (EP120), BlueSilver (EP446)
Glitters:  DiamondDust (G1116), Elegant Emerald (G1011)
Sparkle N Soft: Twinkling Clouds (SS107)
Adhesives: SNS Brushable Glue (540), 1/4" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape (SAT01), 2 1/2" Double Sided "Tear-ific Tape" (SAT11), Mega Tack Glue (545), SNS Dimensional Glue (539), SakuraGlue Pen (053482384809),  Foam Tape
Inks: Memento - TuxedoBlack (712353259003), VersaMark Pad (712353310018), Distress Ink - Faded Jeans (789541021452) and Broken China (789541021414)
Dies: Spellbinders - Radiant Rectangles, Marianne Design - Decoration Set
Papers:  White Cardstock
Coloring: Promarkers, Flexmarkers
Other supplies: Artcoe masking fluid - blue mask, White Fuzzy Yarn, Pearl String

I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Just Inspirational Challenges  - Bingo (Blue, glitter, fabric, pearls) 28.4
Through the Craft Room Door  - Anything goes 28.4
Natalie and Amy's Challenge - Embossing 29.4
OneCrazyStamper.com - Anything goes w stamped image 

Cards Galore Challenges - Include your favorite color (Blue) 30.04 
 StampARTic - Make something with a die-cut from a dies 30.4
Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog - No DP 2.5
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Thing with wings 4.5 

Addicted to Stamps Challenge - Things with wings 10.5

Thank you for the visit.
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

16 comments:

  1. This is amazing Eret! I love the recessed background sentiment, being the focal point of the card, but there is just so much more going on here - lots of beautiful eye candy. Love the snow and trees with the cardinal just the perfect finishing point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a unique design and BEAUTIFUL project! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘THINGS WITH WINGS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fav color makes your project extra special! Thank you for joining us at Crafts Galore Challenge. I hope you’ll join us in our next challenge.

    La-Vie B. – Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog DT
    Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, beautiful, so much detail and sparkle.

    Thanks for taking part in this month's Natalie and Amy challenge.

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a magnificent snowy wonderland, Eret, and magnificent "bird's eye view"! Your colors and snowy loveliness are beyond description - just so beautiful. Thank you very much for explaining how to create it, and for taking magnificent photos! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful
    Thank you for joining us at the Cards Galore Encore Including your favourite colour challenge #4
    Gemma xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done!! Thank you for joining us at "The Sisterhood" for our "Things With Wings challenge!!
    Diane DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another stunning project Eret! You are so very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card and just right for our challenge at Sweet Stampin'. Call in Again. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! This is AMAZING!!! What a wonderful snowscene! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely christmas card.
    You did a great job Eret.
    Hugs,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful Christmas card. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! You did such a wonderful job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!! Gorgeous Card!! I love the sentiment!! Beautiful Framing!! and the bird is Perfect for this.... And the backside is Perfect too!!
    Lovely Card!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSC! Hugs Sol :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...