Saturday, April 12, 2014

Cosmic Wish

Hello my friends. March was strange month for me. I just didn't had ideas how and what cards to make. Then I saw this pretty card. I loved the colorful main panel with elegant flourish. I wanted to try to make similar card with glitters. Here's the result.


Even though it is a bit to 'clean' for me I'm very happy with this card. I used lots of glitters and some embossing powders on it.


SNS Microfine Velvet Glitters are perfect for this technique. First I placed strip of 2 1/" Tear-ific tape to a white cardstock. After removing the protective sheet I started with Goldenrod Glitter in the center and moved to the edges with different glitters (see list below). To avoid rough line from one glitter to another just mix small amount of glitters together. The all the tape was covered and glitters was burnished in good I stamped big flourish from Flourishes Two stamp set with Versamark ink and heat embossed with White Detail EP. Then I cut small squares from it. To hide the white cardstock peeking from the sides I run the dark purple marker all around the sides. It also gives a nice border. Each square is adhered to a slightly larger white square.


Now you can see a close up from this cool embossed layer. One edge of white cardstock is die cut with Memory Box Cosmo Border. Entire CS is inked with Versamark Ink and heat embossed with Dark Night EP. It looked fabulous already but then I added another layer of Versamark Ink and sprinkled ... hmm now I'm confused.... Directions I wrote while making the card says: Blueberry EP, but somehow it looks more like a Wisteria EP. I pretty sure I used Wisteria EP, why I wrote Blueberry I don't know. But does't it look fantastic - like a cosmos...


I had some leftover glittered pieces from the card front. They ware too pretty to throw away so I adhered them to the inside of the card.


Materials used:
Stamp Credit: FlourishesTwo stamp set #520
Embossing Powders: White Detail  (EP298), DarkNight (EP362), Blueberry (EP240) or Wisteria (EP358)  
Glitters:  Gypsy Red (GM2005), Tiger Orange (GM2003), Goldenrod (GM2006),  Purple Potion (GM2001), Pixie Violet (GM2018), Cobalt Glaze (GM2015), Teal Velveteen (GM2017), Luau Green  (GM2004), Celebration (GM2010) 
Adhesives: 2 1/2" Double Sided "Tear-ific Tape" (SAT11)
Inks: VersaMark Pad (712353310018)
Dies: Memory Box Die - Cosmo Border
Papers:  White Cardstock
Other supplies: Dark purple marker (e.g Promarker – Aubergine)

I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Craft Your Passion Challenges - No designer paper 13.4
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything goes 14.4
Crafty Hands Challenges - Anything goes 24.4
Natalie and Amy's Challenge - Embossing 29.4  
OneCrazyStamper.com - Anything goes w no digis
Cards Galore Challenges - Include your favorite color (Blue) 30.04
Dream it Up - April Inspiration 1.5

Thank you for the visit.
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

17 comments:

  1. I love it Eret - not simple at all. Lots of detail and sparkliness. The embossed border goes great with the swirls and the sentiment! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love what you did with the glitters. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card and so beautiful too.The design is so effective and unique.Love it! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! Perfectly made! Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Use your favorite color #4, Dawn DT Member x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eret, this is such a classy looking card - I want to case it - it's beautiful! I've not even tried EP on Velvet glitter yet - I sure hope it comes out looking as fantastic as this one! Thank you for creating such an unusual piece of art. Margaret will love it, and the customers will all want to make it! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Hard to believe you lost your mojo. I want to case this too! It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty !!! I love the design and colors !!! Always beautiful !!

    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, love the sparkles! Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with the current CraftyHands challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this lovely card with us at Craftyhands, good luck! XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door, hope to see you again in our next challenge! - XX Cara

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really pretty! I think your glittered flourish looks a lot like their inked version! Nicely done! Thanks for joining us at Dreamweaver Stencils!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is really beautiful! All of that yummy glitter must look so fantastic in person! You have definitely inspired me. Thanks for joining in at Dreamweaver Stencils!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This beautiful Eret so much work in it you are so talented
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty and creative, you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This turned out great Eret. Love all the glitter and the embossed image over it. Thanks for joining our Dreamweaver challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful colors and mix of products! Thanks for playing with the Dreamweaver challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous, I love the striking colours and design you used. Thanks for sharing with us this month at Natalie & Amy Challenge.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...