Sunday, May 4, 2014

Poppies

Hello my friends! Today starts a new challenge at the Stamping Sensation. The theme is simple - Anything goes with stamping.
This months prize is a mystery prize but what I can tell you for sure is that it will be a lovely collection of crafting goodies and all will be revealed later in the month.......don't we all love a bit of mystery every now and then ?

We had unusually warm April in Estonia.This inspired me to make a summer card. Strange thing is that entire winter I didn't got sick, but now then sun was shining and temperature was around 20 degree I was down with flu. The weather is chilly again and I'm back in good condition. I hope it's not going to be a regular thing. 


My today's card is rather simple. I started with white card base. Front of the card is inked with Memento Lady Bug ink and I stamped a script with Rich Cocoa ink. Then I adhered vellum on top. Scene inside the Postal Stamp is inked with Broken China and Pear Tart inks. I stamped some grass with same green ink.
Poppies are die cut with Memory Box die out of white cardstock. I inked them with Lady Bug, Vintage Photo and Peeled Paint inks. Some poppies are glued to the background and other are popped up with foam tape.
Do you see this little Lady Bug in the left corner? I made this with Glossy Accents. Make a small oval with Glossy Accents to the non-porous surface. Let it dry. Color oval with alcohol base marker to look like a Lady Bug. So simple.


It's hard to understand on the photo but on the inside of the card I die cut the poppy out of the Postal Stamp. Then I added previously cut and colored poppy to the Postal Stamp. I think this technique is called as die cut inlay.

Inside of the card
Materials used:  
Stamps: DoCraft Urban Stamps - Botanical Prints, Flonz Craft - Grass  
Papers: White cardstock;  
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Postage Stamps, Memory Box Die - Prim Poppy
Inks: Memento - Lady Bug, Pear Tart, Rich Cocoa; TH Distress Ink - Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint, Broken China  
Coloring: Promarkers (Ladybugs)
Embellishments: Glossy Accents, Pergamano - White gel pen


I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Cute Card Thursday - Here comes summer 5.5 Simon Say's Stamp Blog - Anything goes 6.5 Crafts 4 Eternity - Stamp it 6.5
Scribble and Scrap Crafts - Anything goes 7.5
That Craft Place Blog - Anything goes 8.5 Polka Doodle - Something old (Postage Stamp die), something new (Poppies die)16.5 Natalie and Amy - Rubber stamping 26.5 3 Cards Galore Challenges - Anything goes 27.5 Bearly Mne Challenges - Flowers 28.5 OneCrazyStamper.com - Anything goes and an embellishment 28.5 Feeling Crafty Challenge - One for the girls/ladies 1.6



Thank you for the visit.

Hugs & smiles,
Eret

20 comments:

  1. Hi Eret, I love your beautiful card! Those poppies are amazing and look fabulous on that background. The inlaid poppy diecuts inside the card are genius! We've had some good weather for April too, long May it continue. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A totally stunning card, Eret! I love the way you coloured the poppies and the background on your card is wonderful! I forget how beautifully vellum can be used! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation. Such pretty poppies and I love the inside too - great idea. The little ladybugs are precious, how creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful. Such crisp lines. I really love the leaf bending over the postal stamp.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I just adore poppies. Thanks for joining in with our 'something old, something new' challenge over at polkadoodles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soo pretty !!! Beautiful design !!!
    Hugs,
    Mayra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, such beautiful poppies, Eret! Love all the dimension on your card. I'm so glad you chose to play in our "Anything Goes" challenge over at Scribble & Scrap this fortnight. Good luck in the challenge and I hope you'll share with us again soon.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Eret
    This is bold and beautiful and I love the design.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shape or edges I guess, very pretty flowers. Nicely done. Thanks for playing our Anything Goes with a twist add an embellishment challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

    Leanne DT@OCS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card with poppies. Thank you for joining us this month at Bearly-Mine Designs "Flowers" challenge and good luck in the draw. Hope we see you again!
    Hugs,
    Simona (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful creation, love the poppies they look amazing!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Natalie & Amy's this month, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another stunning creation. Love the poppies and your design is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card! I love the poppies and the window. You did a wonderful job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Eret, I love the scenery you created with the poppy dies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card. Thanks for joining us over at That Craft Place . Hugz Jules xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card thank you for entering feeling crafty challenge
    and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. such a pretty card - gorgeous image and layout - thanks for joining us at that craft place. Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. stunning project
    thank you for joining us at polkadoodles this time
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome picture frame image! It looks like a beautiful postcard. Fantastic inspiration.Thank-you for joining us at the CardsGaloreEncore Challenge #5 Anything Goes

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely card Eret and gorgeous poppies.
    Thank you for joining in with the Feeling Crafty challenge this month and good luck x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...