Sunday, November 2, 2014

Holiday Greetings

I have a big news to share. This also explains why I have been very quiet for several months. I bought a house. It took entire summer and few extra months to fix the place up. All the remodeling is still not done but last weekend I moved in. My room is filled with unopened boxes and I'm not very sure where my card making supplies are. It takes some more time until I can get crafty again.
Here is a last card I made in my previous home. Some of my stuff was already packed so this card is very simple.
 

As always on first Sunday of the month it's time for a new challenge at the Stamping Sensation. This time we want to see a Christmas Project with stamping.
Our sponsor is fabulous Little Claire. They offer £35 store voucher. You should definitely go and check their website. It's so inspiring.

http://www.littleclaire.co.uk/

I got an idea to make this card from Paula. Her card is so pretty.
I started with stamping the tree from Katzelkraft Arbres hiver set with StazOn ink to the right side, made a snow hill mask and stamped two more trees to the left. I covered trees with masking fluid and let it dry. Moon mask was die cut with circle die, I also saved the negative part of the cut. After all the masks was placed and dry, I started to ink the sky. I used Memento Summer Sky and Tuxedo Black, and Broken China and Faded Jeans Distress inks.


To color the moon I placed the negative mask slightly off-set and inked it with Tuxedo Black ink. I also put some water drops on top to add the texture.
Sentiment is from Holiday Foliage stamp set.
Most time consuming about this card was to wait until liquid mask was dry and to rub it off later. I also added some Sparkling Snow glitter to the trees with Sakura Glue Pen and to the snow hill with SNS Brushable Glue.


I know you can do better and make your project look more Christmas then just winter. Go visit also my talented teamies to get inspired.

I don't know where my notepad with supply list is, so I try to remember what I used on this card:
Stamps: Katzelkraft - Arbres hiver;  Sparkle N Sprinkle - Holiday Foliage
Inks: StazOn - Jet Black; Memento - Summer Sky, Tuxedo Black; Distress Inks - Broken China, Faded Jeans
Dies: Spellbinders - Standard Circles Large
Cardstock: White, Grey
Embellishments: Sparkling Snow glitter, Silver twine
Other: Artcoe masking fluid; Sakura Glue Pen; SNS Brushable Glue; Foam tape

Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles
Eret

15 comments:

  1. Väga-väga kaunis kaart! Kohe nagu päris - nii loomulik ja ehtne.
    Palju õnne ka uue kodu puhul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been admiring this card for several days Eret, the moon is so atmospheric with the subtle shading and the colours of the sky and trees really does give the impression of a frosty winters night. Great work.

    So pleased you are eventually moved into your new home, your will have fun arranging everything and rediscovering your crafty goods.

    Hope you have a good Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunningly beautiful card, Eret! You captured the clear frosty feel of a winter night brilliantly! The masking worked so well too. I wish you joy in your new home and hope you have fun unpacking your crafty treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Eret. It looks so lifelike! The moon is gorgeous and the snow on the trees looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS, Eret! It could not have happened to a nicer person (and family) to buy your own home and work hard to create a pretty living space. I'm so happy for you! Will you share before and after photos?

    You mention that this is a SIMPLE card!???? Oh my! It is INCREDIBLE! I wish I could make something this beautiful. It should be framed and used as a Christmas Decor item in someone's home.

    Thank you for sharing your "secret" with me last Spring. I'm so happy for you, and hope your new creative space will be enjoyable for many years to come. Does your daughter love her new bedroom?

    hugs,
    de

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exciting news, Eret! I hope you'll soon be settled in your new home and very happy there. I LOVE your card, it's so beautiful! The way you have shaded the moon is amazing, and the blue of the sky is just gorgeous.

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you will be very happy in your new home Eret.

    I mus say this card is absolutely FANTASTIC. Such a gorgeous and realistic looking moon and the tree scene is wonderful.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!
    I was wondering how you did the moon. Thank you for sharing. I may use your masking idea on a card sometimes
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eret its absolutely stunning. I love what you have created. Hope you get settled in quickly in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, the moon is fantastic, very atmospheric. Congratulations on your new Home, hope you will be very happy there

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic scene! stunning moon!
    so beautiful how you made this card.
    kind regards, Dora

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your inkiness is inspiring Eret. Love the design it's fabulous. Good luck in your new home.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card! Your masking is great. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card and fabulous coloring. The moon looks so real. Congrats on your new home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...