Saturday, May 23, 2015

Nesting Bird

Today I'd like to share with you a spring card made with embossing paste, embossing powder and glitter accents. Anne Temple made a very good tutorial about Embossing Paste and Embossing Powders Technique.


For the background I used Dreamweaver Chevron Background Stencil and White Embossing Paste. While embossing paste was still wet, I covered it with Spring Willow Embossing Powder. I let the paste to dry and after that I heated it with heat tool to melt the embossing powder.

This lovely image is from Nesting Bird Stamp Set #602. It is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Promarkers. I added strip of cardstock which was heat embossed with Spring Willow embossing powder.


Rocks was covered with Dimensional Glue. It dries clear and will keep the dimension. I also added Dimensional Glue to the Silver Flower and covered the glue with Bronze Splendor glitter.
I used Aleene's Take It Over and Over glue to make my glitter dots. For that I added dots of glue to the leftover backing sheet from 2 1/2" Double Sided "Tear-ific Tape" and added Bronze Splendor glitter on top. After glue was dry, I picked glitter dots with x-acto knive, placed them to the card and added Dimensional Glue on top.


I also used  white Crocheted Lace Ribbon and Mon Ami Gabby Diamond Mesh to embellish my  card. Narrow brown strip on the side of chevron layer is made with cardstock, 1/4" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape and Bronze Splendor glitter.
  
Materials used:
Stamp credits: Nesting Bird #602 
Stencils: Dreamweaver (Chevron Background); 
Embossing Paste: Dreamweaver (White Embossing Paste);
Embossing Powders: Spring Willow (EP388);
Glitter: Bronze Splendor (G1012),
Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black, Summer Sky, Pear Tart), VersaMark Inkpad;
Adhesives: 1/8" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape (SAT02), 1/4" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape (SAT01),
Dimensional Glue (539), Aleene's Take It Over and Over, Foam Tape;
Coloring Medium: Promarkers;  
Cardstock:  White,
Others: Crocheted Lace Ribbon - White, Mon Ami Gabby - Diamond Mesh and Diamond Mesh Silver Flower;
 
Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

5 comments:

  1. What gorgeous fresh spring colours Eret, gr eat stenciling and embossing as well.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This combination of textures and techniques in such fresh colours; wow beautiful!
    Enjoy the long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oi kui ilus kaart! Tuletab mulle meelde, et võiks ka mõnikord jälle seda templit kasutada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely stunning card, Eret! I love the colours and that bird is wonderful! Off to check out the stamps ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a stunning make, love the embossed background you have done, I love birdies and nests and bird houses, am following you now x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...