Thursday, July 16, 2015

Chicks - Mini Blog Hop

Surprise!!  
Sparkle N Sprinkle is having a Mid-Month Mini Blog Hop


We have TWO new stamp sets that we couldn't wait to share with you.  These new sets are 20% off until July 18.  So once you finish the blog hop, head on over to the store and start shopping.  All of the new sets are available on cling mounted rubber or as a digital image.  

The sets are:


Cool Chicks 725   (digi version DIGI725B)
Birds of a Feather 726   (digi version DIGI726B)


A WINNER will be selected from the comments left on the Designers' blogs and will receive BOTH of these new sets.  Please leave a comment with each Designer in order to be eligible for this Prize.  You never know who the Mystery Designer will be that has the winning comment.  

The Grand Prize Winner, will be announced on July 19 on the SNS Facebook page and on the SNS Blog.



The Blog Hop order for our Mini Reveal is:

Irit
Chris
Diane
Marie
Jess
Ani
Eret
Anne
Ashley
Shona


(*Tip: if you have difficulty with a particular link, try clicking on the Designer's blog title to send you to their Home page.)

We hope you enjoy this surprise Mini Reveal as much as we have enjoyed creating new projects for it.  And hopefully, we have inspired you as well.  Look for more of these cute chicks in the future too :-).

  Thanks for joining us and remember to comment on each of the Designers' blogs to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  (We love reading your comments since they also inspire us.)  No one knows who the Mystery Designer will be for this Mid-Month Blog Hop.

Then I saw this bird from the Cool Chicks #725 stamp set I new I had to make a card with him. Hi is hilarious, specially with this sentiment. I'm sure then I'm looking in to the mirror today, this is how I look and this is what I think. Yeahh... Happy Birthday to me...


I used digis from DIGI725B set. The bird and sentiment are printed to the white cardstock and it's colored with Promarkers. I masked the bird and inked around him with Salty Ocean and Evergreen Borough Disteress inks. Bird eyes and peak are covered with Dimensional Glue. Then the glue is dry it gives nice dimensional and glossy look.


For the background I smudged Scattered Straw, Salty Ocean and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks to the plastic sheet, spritzed it with water and placed watercolor cardstock in to the inks. I used heat tool to speed up the drying process and dipped the cardstock back to the inks. I'm in watercolor mood :)


Edges of the image layer are inked with Versamark ink and heatembossed with Cerulean Star embossing powder. The splatters on the watercolor cardstock are also made with embossing powders. I used Ornament Glue to flick some splatters and covered them with Cerulean Star EP. After glue was dry I heated it with heat tool. I repeated same process with Opaline EP. It's hard to find them on the photos but they look like shimmering water drops.


It was easier to make 'splatters' to the image layer. I just sprinkled some Copper Flame EP to the cardstock and melted the powder underneath the paper. This is cool embossing powder. It has different size particles which will do all the work for you.


I used Spellbinders Pierced Rectangles dies to make the piercing along the edges and  Die-Versions Loopy Lace die for the decorative border. Full list of all the supplies is below.


I have one more little project. On this I used Birds of a Feather #726 digi version DIGI726B

Image is colored with Promarkers. I added  Purple Rain glitter with Sakura Glue pen to her handbag, flip-flops and to the frame of the glasses.To achieve shiny look to her glasses and her peak I covered them with Dimensional Glue.Bird is fussy cut with scissors.


Tag is made with watercolor cardstock. I played with some distress inks again to make the background. I used Scattered Straw, Salty Ocean and Seedless Preserves inks. This background looked like a cosmos to me. So I added some sparkle. I used MemoryBox Honey Comb Stencil and added Versamark ink to the background. Then I covered the inked pattern with Stickum Powder and melted it with heat tool. Immediately I added Lavender Iris glitter and heated again to make the glitter to stick. It was pretty and sparkling but the honey comb pattern did show only in surten angle. So I added doodling with golden gel pen.
 

I added few pearls to embellish the tag and golden and blue stitching lines around the tag. 


After the front of the tag was colored with all those vibrant colors I had still some inks left on the plastic sheet. So I added more water and colored back side of the tag as well. I tied different ribbons and fussy yarns on top of the tag.

That was long post. I hope you are still here and will continue with the hop. The next stop on our blog hop is fabulous Anne. Can't wait to see what she has made.

The Card
Materials used:
Stamp credits:
Cool Chicks #725 digi version DIGI725B
Embossing Powders: Cerulean Star (EP433), Opaline (EP359), Copper Flame (EP453);
Inks: Distress Ink (Scattered Straw, Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn, Evergreen Brough), Versamark;
Coloring Medium: Promarkers; 
Adhesives:
Dimensional Glue (539), Ornament Glue (541), Foam Tape;

Dies: Spellbinders (Pierced Rectangles), Die-Versions (Loopy Lace);
Cardstock: White, Watercolor;
Others: Gelly Roll (White);

The Tag
Materials used:
Stamp credits:
Birds of a Feather #726 digi version DIGI726B
Glitters: Lavender Iris (G1061), Purple Rain (GM2020)
Embossing Powders: Stickum Powder (EP300)
Inks: Distress Ink (Scattered Straw, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves), Versamark;
Coloring Medium: Promarkers; 
Adhesives:
Dimensional Glue (539), Sakura Glue Pen;

Dies: Spellbinders (Pierced Rectangles);
Cardstock: White, Watercolor;
Others: MemoryBox (Honey Comb Stencil), Gel Pens (Gold, Blue), Eylet, Fuzzy Yarns, Ribbons, Pearls;

Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

22 comments:

  1. great job and cute images - love all the texture and dimension

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Eret! The backgrounds are fabulous and I love the color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic...love the background and those fabulous chicks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eret, these are great. Super adorable!! Love how you created the background. It gave both projects awesome color. Love that fiber on the tag too - perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you did a tag - and your backgrounds are just amazing! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep - still here - fantastic job! Loving the backgrounds for these cute chicks! Adorable and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I love your card and tag! I'm loving the watercolor/tye dye look of your backgrounds and the piercing and stitching! These chicks are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tye dye look - very creative with stitching - the fibers on the take really added a great finish - awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Just Wow! Absolutely gorgeous watercolors! I love everything about both the card and tag! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow- two Awesome projects! I love that you included your deets and colors too- Love this card and tag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card & tag! The colors are so vibrant and the copper EP is a cool technique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I love your card and your tag, the backgrounds are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. CUTENESS GALORE :)
    LOVE the chicks on your FABULOUS card & tag Eret - WOW - the backgrounds are GORGEOUS, the sentiments FUN and you have used just the right amount of SHIMMER, SPARKLE and SHINE - LOVE IT ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love them. The colors are awesome! You went all out with the card and tag, I am sure anyone that received them from you on their birthday would just love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. the tag is beautiful. Love all of the ribbons.
    the colors blend together so well.
    the first card is a hoot - I feel that way when I think about my age at my next birthday in august.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, gorgeous card and tag! Love all the detail you gave for the background. That frst card is hilarious! Love both backgrounds and the details you put in...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your chicks are so "over the top" Great creativity...Loving the colors and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Outstanding, Eret! I am always wow'ed by your creation - always my eyes widen and I feel happy - LOVE everything you've done here! Gorgeous colors, too! Thank you for explaining all the details, Eret. Hope you are enjoying your new home, and that all is well for your family xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Too cool! I am always looking for ways to play with my distress inks, and you have inspired me, esp. with the tag! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have inspired me to get out those distress inks and play! Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These images are so cute. I love your backgrounds. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...