Saturday, August 1, 2015

Sparkle N Sprinkle August Reveal



Sparkle N Sprinkle and Die-Versions are partnering up for a very special joint blog hop, called the Awareness Campaign.  A portion of the proceeds from the sale of the newly released Die-Versions dies and the stamp sets revealed in the joint blog hop will go to help with cancer research.  
Almost every one has been touched by cancer is one way or another.  Either you or a family member has had cancer or you know someone who has had cancer.  The Designers from both teams are joining together to help the fight to eradicate all cancers by inspiring you.


Die-Versions

Die-Versions is debuting NINE new Die-Versions low profile dies (July 2015 Reveal - scroll down to the end of the reveal) and Sparkle N Sprinkle is revealing THREE stamp sets for this Awareness Campaign.  All stamp sets will be 20% off until Aug 3.  

Sparkle N Sprinkle
Pink Ribbon Background 408  (digi version DIGI408)
Survivor 713    (digi version DIGI713T)
Awareness 714   (digi version  DIGI714T)

A Grand Prize winner will be chosen from comments left on the Designers' blogs and will be announced on August 4th.  You won't know who the Mystery Designer is until after the Joint Blog hop, so remember to leave a comment with each of the Designers.  


The Winner will be announced on the Die-Versions Facebook page, the Sparkle N Sprinkle Facebook page, the DV Blog, and on the SNS Blog and will receive a $25 gift certificate from BOTH Die-Versions and Sparkle N Sprinkle.

We hope you enjoy the Awareness Joint Blog Hop as much as we have enjoyed creating new projects for it.  We also hope that we have inspired you as well.  Thanks for joining us and remember to comment on each of the Designers' blogs to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  (We love reading them too since your comments also inspire us.)  


The Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge also begins today with lots of prizes and recognition badges.  Find out how you can become a SNS Featured Artist with special recognition on the SNS Facebook page as well as the Creative Challenge Winner's post.  From time to time, we also have special prizes just for Featured Artists.  The theme is always Anything Goes using Loose Glitter, Embossing Powder, and/or Flock.


For my awareness project I chose color Gold. Gold is for Childhood cancer.
I used SNS Awareness #714 stamp set and Dia-Versions Awareness Butterfly (DV-482) die on my card. This sentiment is actually in one row. I stamped it in three parts to get the words below each other.  For the focal point I die cutted Awareness Butterfly out of white cardstock. Butterfly was inked with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Gold Detail EP. I added acetate behind the same white CS piece I die cutted the butterfly and adhered it back to its place on top of the acetate. I think it is called inlaid die cutting. Edges of the rectangular layer are also inked with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Gold Detail EP.


For the background I used one of my favorite technique with glitters - Lace Background. I covered piece of cardstock with 2 1/2" Double Sided "Tear-ific Tape" and added lace on top. I rubbed Cloud Nine glitter through the lace to the tape. After removing lace I covered rest of the sticky parts with Golden Wheat glitter.


For the golden ribbon I die cutted another butterfly out of cardstock which was covered with 2 1/2" Double Sided "Tear-ific Tape". I used scissor to cut the wings off. Ribbon part was covered with Golden Wheat Glitter. This entire layer is popped up with rubber foam and made as a shaker. Behind the butterfly are Suze Weiberg's Golden Beadazzeles and Clear Microbeads.


To add some more interest to the card I used Dia-Versions Loopy Lace below the focal layer and some pearls in center of the ribbon. 


Hopefully you came from Jess blog.  Your next stop on the Awareness Campaign Blog Hop is Emmy.  If you get lost along the way or have a problem with a link, the complete list of Designers is located on both the Die-Versions Blog as well as the Sparkle N Sprinkle Blog.  Happy Hopping!


Materials used:
Stamp credits: Awareness #714;
Dia-Versions dies: Awareness Butterfly (DV-482), Loopy Lace (DVW-324); 
Glitters: Golden Wheat (GM2026), Cloud Nine (GM2000)
Embossing Powders: Gold Detail (EP168);
Inks: Versamark,  Memento (tuxedo Black);
Adhesives2 1/2" Double Sided "Tear-ific Tape" (SAT11), Foam Tape;
Other Dies: Spellbinders (Pierced Rectangles);
Cardstock: White;
Others: Lace, Acetate, Rubber Foam, Suze Weiberg's Beadazzeles, Clear Microbeads, Pearls;

Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

28 comments:

  1. Like the elegant gold look of this. Could not get to Jess blog.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so elegant and beautiful!! I love the gold!! It looks amazing!! So happy to be hopping with you!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Eret! This is a gorgeous card! Absolutely stunning! My goodness...it is beyond words.
    Thank you for sharing your card. I am happily your newest follower. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Eret, your card is so elegant and you design is amazing, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gold on your cards! It really makes the dies stand out! They are so intricate and elegant looking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree Wow! I love what you did with that butterfly and your lacy background is amazing. Every detail is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and elegant card..love the gold...I almost chose this one myself...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gold is just amazing! Great job Eret!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, indeed! This card is gorgeous. Love the unexpected use of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eret - Your card is stunning! I love the gold, it is so regal, so amazing, so gorgeous. I love all your detail, and how it is just perfect. Your designs are incredible :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is elegant! I did not know gold was for childhood cancer. I also like the way you used the butterfly and the ribbon to make them look like an angel. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty and love all the details in making the card, great job

    ReplyDelete
  13. So elegant and I love that it is for childhood cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so rich and elegant. Love the shaker idea. and that you made this into a shaker card. Lots of glitter and bling!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't know gold was for childhood cancer. What lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card! The use of gold is not only age specific, it is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Wow, Wow! Too much gold can be, well, too much, but your use of it is fantastic. I just received some of the 2 1/2" tape so I am going to get some lace and use the technique you used on the background. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Like your card, background great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is a beautiful card.
    Didn't know that gold was for childhood cancer.
    Thanks for sharing the details on making the card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE the elegance! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is stunning, so elegant, this is my favorite die!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness, I am over halfway through the hop and I am really enjoying it. I love the gold card so much. It is the most elegant card I have seen!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just gorgeous! I love the idea of adding the acetate- such a great look. LOVE the angel in Gold!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous ness is in your projects and you have my admiration for you for being involved with something as remarkable and difference making as this hop! I applaud you!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I could hardly wait to visit your blog, Eret, and see what fabulous design you would come up with. GORGEOUS - I don't even know how you think these things up, but the lace background, the open-faced die cut in gold, the sentiment - all are beautiful, and the color is a good reminder for the other cancers that threaten our world. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...