Monday, September 21, 2015

Big Day - Mini blog hop


Sparkle N Sprinkle is having a Mid-Month Mini Blog Hop so that we can showcase the new Big Day stamp set.


This is a planner/calendar stamp set that was included in this month's video technique kit club. This new set is 20% off until Sept 23.  So once you finish the blog hop, head on over to the store and start shopping.  


Big Day 749

A WINNER will be selected from the comments left on the Designers' blogs and will receive this new Big Day set along with the Basic Grey calendar kit also showcased in this month's video.

  Please leave a comment with each Designer in order to be eligible for this Prize.  You never know who the Mystery Designer will be that has the winning comment.  

The Grand Prize Winner, will be announced on Sept 23 on the SNS Facebook page and on the SNS Blog.



The Blog Hop order for our Mini Reveal is:

Jess
Chris
Shona
Eret
Anne
Marie
Diane
Ashley
Ani

(*Tip: if you have difficulty with a particular link, try clicking on the Designer's blog title to send you to their Home page.)

We hope you enjoy this Mini Reveal as much as we have enjoyed creating new projects for it.  And hopefully, we have inspired you as well.  


I used Big Day Stamp Set to make a fun background for the New Year card. All the images are stampedd to the watercolor cardstock with Versamark ink and they are heat embossed with White Detail EP. To color the background I sprinkled Ultramarine Blue and Violet Color Bursts all over and spritzed it with water.
 

I added narrow strip of cardstock covered with 1/2" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape and Black Suede microfine glitter behind the embossed layer. 
Gold and white layer is made out of strip of white cardstock covered with 1/2" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape. I used x-acto knife to cut the protective layer in stripes. Then I removed avery other piece and covered them with Golden Wheat microfine glitter. Rest of the stripes was covered with Cloud Nine microfine glitter.
 

 I die cutted three sets of numbers out of white cardstock and one set out of cardstock which was covered with 2 1/2" Double Sided "Tear-ific Tape" and glued them together to make the numbers thicker. I colored edges with black marker. Then I removed protective layer of the tape and added Golden Wheat glitter on top. To finish off my card I adhered some  Mon Ami Gabby small and large Pearl Mesh pieces.to the card.


  Thanks for joining us and remember to comment on each of the Designers' blogs to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  (We love reading your comments as they inspire us as well.)  


The next stop on our blog hop is Anne


STAMP CREDITS: 
Big Day #749;

OTHER SUPPLIES:
Glitters: Cloud Nine (GM2000), Golden Wheat (GM2026), Black Suede (GM2009);
Embossing Powders: White Detail (EP298);
InksVersamark;
Dies: MemoryBox (Classicals Numbers);
Embellishments: Mon Ami Gabby (Pearl Mesh - small and large);
Cardstock: Watercolor CS, White;
Others: Color Burst (Ultramarine Blue, Violet), Black Brush Marker; 

Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! Love the white embossing over the very colorful background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eret - Your card is beautiful, stunning, and incredible. You always have the most beautiful designs, and simplicity combined with depth and colors. I love the gold & cloud nine strip, all the glitter touches, and well, just everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. I love how you used embossing as a resist. Beautiful colors. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used the color burst inks for the background - the white EP looks so good on that background! Love the glitter accents, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea - a New Year card with this set. Love the white embossed tiles with the brusho background - they pop so nicely. The glitter strips are a fun way to create the sparkle and to tie in the date. Nicely done, Eret.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I love the Color Burst background too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO pretty! I love the gold/white strip you added - it sure makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty!!! I love how you used the colorburst! I am so excited to get them! And I may seem silly but I wouldn't have thought to do the stripes like you did in gold and white. I'd be the silly one alternating the 1/4". Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty!!! I love how you used the colorburst! I am so excited to get them! And I may seem silly but I wouldn't have thought to do the stripes like you did in gold and white. I'd be the silly one alternating the 1/4". Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. VERY creative!! I LOVE the colors your chose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! How pretty your planning calendar is, Eret! Beautiful colors, and such perfectly lined up stamps! Wow! It's a great technique. Thank you for explaining how it was created! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...