Saturday, September 26, 2015

Moments in Shadow Box

Today I want to share with you a simple self made shadow box. 


I stamped the largest image from the Silhouettes Stamp Set #493 with Versamark ink to the smooth watercolor cardstock and heat embossed it with Black Detail Embossing Powder. The patchy look isn't from bad stamping or uneven coverage of the powder. My cardstock reacted very strangely and absorbed some melted powder in to it self. Has it happened to you too? Same thing happened with second try also. It bothered me at first but then I thought that it adds interesting texture. 
Background is colored with Color Burst - Ultramarine Blue. You can get many shades out of one color. 


Before assembling the shadow box I stamped it with Journal Mixed Media Stamp set #606 and Versamark ink. Pattern was heat embossed with Silver Detail EP. 


I love how the sand turned out. I used thick foam tape and cut it half in wavy pattern. Then I adhered them in to the shadow box on top of each other and added Dimensional Glue to hide the rough edges. All the sticky stuff was covered with Florida Beach Glitter. I also added some tiny seashells.


On following picture you can this cool background made with Ultramarine Blue Color Burst and water spritzer. Isn't it awesome!


Small Polaroids are images found in Internet, just to show how you can add your own photos inside of the shadow box. 



STAMP CREDITS: 

OTHER SUPPLIES:
Glitters: Florida Beach (G1111);
Embossing Powders: Black Detail (EP171), Silver Detail (EP257);
Inks: Versamark;
Adhesives: 1/4" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape (SAT01), Thick Foam Tape, Dimensional Glue (539);
Embellishments: Tiny seashells;
Cardstock: Smooth Watercolor cardstock;
All others: Color Burst (Ultramarine Blue);

Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

2 comments:

  1. How pretty Eret. Love the idea of a shadow box with the little Polaroids. The sand is the perfect touch with the shells.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely! I love the sparkling sand!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...