Saturday, November 14, 2015

Magnet - Chicken Run

 I'm super excited about this little project. I made a fridge magnet with Chicken Run digi version and I like how it turned out.


First I printed the image and the sentiment to the white cardstock. Then I inked it with Spiced Marmalade  Scattered Straw Distress Inks. 1/8" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape  was adhered around the layer and I used Sakura Glue Pen to draw the heart and to draw over the word 'We'. All the sticky stuff (tape and the glue) was covered with Gypsy Red glitter. 


I inked entire panel with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Super Thick Clear Embossing Powder. I repeated this in four times. That gave a really nice smooth and raised glossy surface. 
All the gray patches around the image are not made with inking or any interesting technique, they are happy accidents. I think the white paper I used to print the image on was too thin (160 gms) to handle so many layers of embossing powders. The melted EP seeped through the paper and made interesting texture to the background. With any other image it probably ruined the project but with this darling chicken family it's perfect. 


For the magnet base, I used piece of recycled thick cardboard. I covered the sides with 3/4" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape (edges was fold down). To one side I adhered the front panel and to the other side I glued magnets and piece of black cardstock to hide the magnets. Rest of the revealed tape on the sides was covered with Gypsy Red glitter. 


Below is a photo of the magnet on the fridge.  If you don't like digital stamps, Chicke Run #761 stamp set is also available as rubber.



Stamp CreditsChicken Run #761 digi version DIGI761;
Glitters: Gypsy Red (GM2005);
Embossing PowdersSuper Thick Clear (EP230);
Inks: Distress Ink (Spiced Marmalade, Scattered Straw), Versamark;
Cardstock: White, Black; 
All Other: Thick Cardboard, Magnets;



Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles,

Eret

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Eret! Your refrigerator magnet is adorable, and such a great sentiment! Wonderful project! Hope this finds you doing well! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Eret! Love the mottled background that you achieved with your happy accident! Great, creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your magnet. Don't you love it when happy accidents occur? Love the way the background turned out too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...