Monday, November 16, 2015

Yellow Poinsettia

Have you made all the Christmas cards you need this year already? If not, you still have some time. And you can also win fantastic prizes. There are two challenges I invite you to participate: Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenges (theme is: Anything goes with loose glitter, embossing powder and/or flocking) and Stamping Sensation (Festive Florals and Foliage). Go to their websites for more information and to find out what the prizes are. I know you want to be the lucky winner. Both challenges are running since November 1st. It means, that if you have any projects, which matching the theme, posted after this date, you are welcome to enter.


Fot this pretty flower I used stamp from Christmas Poinsettia set. It is stamped with ... hmm. I wrote to my notebook, that I used Memento Tuxedo Black, but considering that I used Distress Inks (Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, Scattered Straw, Peeled Paint) for coloring and applied Brushable Glue to adhere Sunny Daze glitter, I think I used StazOn Jet Black for stamping instead. Or maybe I was just lucky and Memento ink didn't smudge...
But I do remember how I made the flower center. I added Dimensional Glue  to the center and covered it with new fabulous chunky Fleur de Lis Embossing Powder and left it as it is - no heat embossing. Love chunky bits of black and gold. It's perfect for flower center.  Click on the photo to see it larger.


Sentiment is stamped with Versamark ink and it's heat embossed with Black Detail EP. I used Spellbinders Star Circles die to cut it out and added some color with Scattered Straw Distress ink. Because it needed a bit sparkle, I took Sakura Glue Pen and drew a wonky frame around the inking. Glue is covered with ... I need to make better notes... it's either Sunny Daze or Daisy glitter. I think it's Sunny Daze.


Here you can see Fleur de Lis EP in it's glory. Isn't it gorgeous?! I covered Die Versions Loopy Lace die cut with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Fleur de Lis EP. Matting layer is is covered with same EP. Instead of Versamark I adhered it to the 1/2" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape
I didn't use any store bought pattern paper on my card, I made them myself. Piece on the right is white cardstock inked with Scattered Straw Distress ink. I added some pattern with same ink and stamp from Holiday Greetings set.


I wanted monochromatic sparkling background to my card. So I used my favorite technique - Lace Background. I covered piece of White cardstock with 1/2" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape and placed piece of lace on top. I applied Sunny Daze glitter through the lace to the tape. After brushing off any excess glitter and removing the lace, I applied Daisy to rest of the tape. 


Can you see all those little black and gold dots around the background? They are sprinkles of Fleur de Lis EP. They are melted with heat tool from back side of the cardstock.
I added some pieces of Mon Ami Gabby small Pearl Mesh to the card also.


Materials used:
Stamp Credits: Sparkle N Sprinkle (Christmas Poinsettia #690, Holiday Greetings #689);
GlittersSparkle N Sprinkle (Sunny Daze (G1038), Daisy (GM2019));
Embossing PowdersSparkle N Sprinkle Fleur de Lis (EP465), Black Detail (EP171);
Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black, Dandelion), Distress Ink (Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, Scattered Straw, Peeled Paint), Versamark;
AdhesivesSparkle N Sprinkle (1/2" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape (SAT11), 1/2" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape (SAT04), Brushable Glue (540), Dimensional Glue (539)), Sakura Glue Pen, Foam Tape;
Dies: Die Versions (Loopy Lace), Spellbinders (Star Circles);
EmbellishmentsMon Ami Gabby (Pearl Mesh small);
Cardstock: White; 
All Other: Lace, White twine;



Challenges I'd like to enter:
http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.com/ - Sparkle, Bling & Embellish 28.11
http://www.craftforthecraic.blogspot.ie/ - Anything glittery 30.12

Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles,

Eret

8 comments:

  1. hi,

    Gorgous card. The flower is gorgous. I love it.Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious, BSC and CWF.

    Hugs
    Claudia
    DT Creatalicious
    DT Brown Sugar Challenge
    DT Crafting With Friends
    http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! You are very talented. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafting With Friends.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card thanks for sharing it with us in the Brown Sugar Challenge, Karen Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning card with those colours. Beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pointsetta card and great 3d effect :) Thanks for playing along at Creative Fingers! Hope you will join us again! Remember to check back to see if you are one of our winners. And I'm sorry to be late commenting! PS: I got a blogcandy if you wanna join in! ♥ Tindaloo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I love the flower! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendars we hope to see you again!

    Love From Rebecca xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is simply beautiful!! And a stunning color combination..thanks for playing along Craft ofr the craic November! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great Christmas card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Merry Christmas” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Come and Get It)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT Tuesday Throwdown)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...