Saturday, December 12, 2015

Acetate Pillowbox

Here's a little idea how to give a small gift at this Christmas. It needs some time but it's all worth it. Here's my version of a pillow box.


First step is to find a template. Just search "pillowbox template" in google and you get several templates. Print it out to the regular copy paper and adhere acetate sheet with double sided tape on top of the template (place tape outside of the box lines). I used SNS Clear Embossable Acetate. I stamped Diamond Medallion with Versamark ink to the acetate. Then I heat embossed it with Gold Detail Embossing Powder. Next thing you need to do is score all the score lines from the template in to the acetate. After this is done follow the template and cut the pillow box out. Then it's time to fold the score lines and tape the box together with double sided tape. I used 3/4"Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape.

Be sure to stamp the image to the both ends of the box (I mean the ends you tape together). Stamping will hide the double sided tape.
For the belly band I adhered 1/4" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape to the white carsstock and covered the tape with Cloud Nine glitter. I cut the glittered strip of CS out and wrapped it around the box.


I stamped five flowers from Christmas Poinsettia set to the watercolor cardstock with StazOn Jet Black ink. I sprinkled Nuance Magenta watercolor powders all over the flowers and spritzed with water to make the color run. Little powder goes a long way. I used Red for the petals and Jade for the leaves. I also added some Peeled Paint Distress ink to the leaves. I cut the flowers out with scissors, each layer is smaller then other. With Brushable Glue I added some Cloud Nine glitter to the petals. Flower center is made with Dimensional Glue and Golden Wheat glitter. 


 To add some more texture I adhered white twine behind the flower.


Materials used:
Stamp CreditsDiamond Medallion #530, Christmas Poinsettia #690;
GlittersCloud Nine (GM2000), Golden Wheat (GM2026);
Embossing PowdersGold Detail (EP168);
InksVersamark, StazOn (Jet Black), Distress Ink (Peeled Paint); 
Coloring MediumNuance Magenta (Red, Jade);
Cardstock: Watercolor, White;
All othersClear Embossable Acetate, White Twine

Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

5 comments:

  1. Fantastiliselt ilus karbike ja see jõulutäht on ka imeline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eret! You continually amaze AND surprise me! Fabulous poinsettia (so beautifully colored and layered). Gorgeous gold embossing, and pretty filling! Innovative and wonderful! Thanks for the inspiration, Eret! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The poinsettia is absolutely stunning! What a wonderful gift box!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...