Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Orange card

It's my turn for the mid month post at the Stamping Sensation where all the DT have to make something in a colour that they don't like. I can't say that orange is my least favourite colour but somehow, it's difficult to make an orange card. It is actually a very pretty colour, but on my cards, it doesn't feel right. On this particular card, I love the orange flowers but I would change the background paper to something else. It has too much orange on it. I just have to keep trying until I feel comfortable with this colour



On my card I used stamp named Friendship Flowers from Sparkle N Sprinkle. It's stamped it two times with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored them with Promarkers. I fuzzy cut entire image and on second copy I just cut the flowers. Flowers are popped up with foam tape. I added some sparkle to them with Diamond Stickles. On little butterflies I added Cotton Candy Stickles to the edges of the wings.


Flowers are die cut with Spellbinders Rose Creations dies. I used Spiced Marmalade and Fossilized Amber Distress inks to color all flower layers, then shaped them and assembled to form a rose. Leaves are die cut from leftover paper which was colored with Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn and Pine Needles Distress inks and misted with Perfect Pearls Mist.


For the background I used my only orange pattern paper. It has been waiting in my stash for years. I pierced all pattern paper panels and draw stitching lines in between each holes with White Gel Pen.


Materials used:
Stamp Credits: Sparkle N Sprinkle (Friendship Flowers);
Coloring MediumPromarkers, White Gel Pen;
Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Distress Ink (Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber, Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Pine Needles);
Dies: Spellbinders (Decorative Labels One, Rose Creations), MemoryBox (Elegant Scrollwork, Delicate Vine); 
Punches: Martha Stewart (3 in 1 Butterflies);
Cardstock: White, Pattern Paper; 
All others: Perfect Pearls Mists (Perfect Pearl), Stickles (Cotton Candy, Diamond), Pearls; 
Thank yo for the visit!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

7 comments:

  1. It's a really gorgeous creation Eret and no hint at all that you struggle with the lovely sunny colours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Eret! Such a pretty image and the colours do suit it. Orange certainly isn't an easy colour to use, but you've shown it can make a very elegant card.

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minu meelest on see väga päikseline ja soe kaart. Selline väljakutse on ju väga äge, mis sunnib natuke kastist välja mõtlema. Meeli

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! your paper and the big flower are beautiful.
    kind regards, Dora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orange may not be your favorite color, but you did an outstanding job with it. You card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful!!!!! I love it :) And, your rose is stunning. Can you please teach me how you did it? I never get results like this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful!!!!! I love it :) And, your rose is stunning. Can you please teach me how you did it? I never get results like this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...